Loved & Lost

Guest jimbob

Guest vinkenny

Greetings from France,

Who remembers 1961 Season?

Wednesday were doing well. but I was an OWL living in a Blade household[ with what seems now like constant windups from my Dad],but, I've finally persuaded him to come with me to Hillsborough, to see a proper team! The chosen match is Wednesday v Ipswich[managed at the time by one Alf Ramsey]

So my dad has moaned about how long it took us to get to Hillsborough, how far away we had to park[shirecliffe, because we had proper attendances then![ how far we had to walk- all the way down Herries Road, how long we had to queue, how long he had to queue for the toilets,how crap was his view from the Kop [he was not tall], only to see Wednesday be completely mugged by Ipswich, I seem to recall they put in about 5 attacks, and won 4-1 .What A change in his behaviour after the game, he was ecstatic, and I suffered being wound up by him yet again, all the way home, and, even worse, having to endure his after match report to all his mates in the Travellers on City Road afterwards]Both are long gone now, but , on reflection,good memories !

Well done on this section !

Vin Kenny