Guest wilyfox

He was a strange buy. I, like most, anticipated a winger at the eleventh hour on deadline day - we got another holding-mid. Pretty inexplicable at the time, i thought, with Semedo doing so well and Hutch back fit. The argument in favour was that Melo may be a step up on either or both - well he can't get past them at the moment. The language thing...well, Gray said himself that football is a universal language. We can't withhold him until he has a masters degree in English language. Gabriel plays for Arsenal despite poor comms.

I watch match of the day and tbh I couldnt name half the player's from teams like stoke and swansea so not being a well known player isnt that surprising.

Doesn't mean he's no good.

Does seem odd though he's not been included.Especially as they seemed desperate to get the deal done.

He was a strange buy. I, like most, anticipated a winger at the eleventh hour on deadline day - we got another holding-mid. Pretty inexplicable at the time, i thought, with Semedo doing so well and Hutch back fit. The argument in favour was that Melo may be a step up on either or both - well he can't get past them at the moment. The language thing...well, Gray said himself that football is a universal language. We can't withhold him until he has a masters degree in English language. Gabriel plays for Arsenal despite poor comms.

I have to agree that he was bought as an upgrade on what we already had and he became available and we had to act quickly, however, the fact that he can't even make the squad is has I said earlier, very strange.

A passing comment I heard last night about his absence is that his wife came over from Portugal then promptly returned, I've no idea if there's any truth in that but you never know.

Edited by Corneliusreeve

Blue and White, I take it you aren't a great admirer of our current manager. The new owner has backed him and spoke favourably of his achievements. 

There's no reason to assume he won't be given funds to strengthen the team. Some of his signings seem to have come out OK, Westwood, Lees, resigned Loovens, Dielna (maybe), McGugan, May (work in progress), Keane, Hutch(injury prone but quality).

There' are some good players in that list particularly for a manager shopping in the leftovers bin. Much better than the previous manager.

Blue and White, I take it you aren't a great admirer of our current manager. The new owner has backed him and spoke favourably of his achievements.

There's no reason to assume he won't be given funds to strengthen the team. Some of his signings seem to have come out OK, Westwood, Lees, resigned Loovens, Dielna (maybe), McGugan, May (work in progress), Keane, Hutch(injury prone but quality).

There' are some good players in that list particularly for a manager shopping in the leftovers bin. Much better than the previous manager.

As a bloke I think he's great,as a coach he is awesome and is highly regarded,as a manager he is out of his depth and his CV shows it.

The chairman in fairness to him doesn't know him from Adam,although if he is as ambitious ah he has he is can't be impressed with what he has seen so far.

Tell you,the man is totally inept.He spouts out I'll only sign players that are better than what we have and then bangs them on the bench.[/quote

He's doing OK then to say he's inept and not had much to spend..

fairly obvious there's something wrong, it'll come out eventually but right now he looks like a waste of a transfer especially after the big build up and last second deadline signing

can't remember did we spend a fee on him?

If he's been signed with a view to making an impact next season, then surely the best thing to do is to give him some games now seeing as we've got nothing to play for so that he can get a taste of the Championship.

There's clearly more to it than footballing reasons.