Chances on keeping Royston....

Hopefully it will depend on the player and what he wants. At Wednesday he has the chance to be a billy big time again and do it in front of biggish gates with a team he fits in well with.

I don't mind us being the stepping stone back to a premier league club if we can keep him. If he doesn't want to be here then same would go for Lionel messi - do one and replace with someone who wants to wear the badge

So depressing that we let it get to this again on relying on other peoples cast offs

Thierry Henry was a cast off at Juventus

Rickie Lambert was a cast off at Liverpool

Grant Holt was a cast off from us...

Just because somebody is getting the cold shoulder at a club, it doesn't mean that they are a bad player, just that they haven't gelled at their current club

Just because somebody is getting the cold shoulder at a club, it doesn't mean that they are a bad player, just that they haven't gelled at their current club

Ban Arfa at Newcastle is another one that springs to mind..

Are we that bothered tho? He's been ok but nowt special.

Im bothered. only him & Helan who carry the ball so far so quickly, we need that dimension,

More to come from him too, dont think Royston has reached the peak of his powers yet.

Edited by GY-owl.4

Im bothered. only him & Helan who carry the ball so far so quickly, we need that dimension,

More to come from him too, dont think Royston has reached the peak of his powers yet.

I agree.  He's only 27, so he should be heading into his prime. 

I was unsure when we first signing, but think we should definitely get him signed up on a permanent transfer along with McGugan hopefully.

On a side note, i was listening to Steve Clarkes press conference and he said all the players will be given a chance to show him what they have and they all start with a clean slate. 

Got to take it with a pinch of salt. He can hardly come out and say 'I'm going to stick with the same 11 that's been used for the past 4 months'.

Got to take it with a pinch of salt. He can hardly come out and say 'I'm going to stick with the same 11 that's been used for the past 4 months'.

True, but he might want him back when his loan expires to have a look at him. 

Ricky Lambert is still a cast off at Liverpool  :biggrin: