I'd love a new ground

zzzzzzzzz

Typical response when you can't argue with the facts that are presented to you,

I know, your probably known as a lot worse, even by your mates.

You must have plenty of mates given that you are on a Wednesday forum discussing the merits of a new Wednesday ground from dawn until dusk.

No, we averaged 29,459, which, with segregation was all we could get in.

Out of the three Championship winning season's I can remember, that was the best time.

Which was your best Championship winning season you can remember? or FA cup or UEFA cup or European Cup Final?

Ey, but the League cup was summat wont it. 

Surprised you are old enough for those memories as you come across as a spoilt child who chucks his toys out of the pram every time someone has the temerity to disagree with your opinion.

i do most of the cooking here now, i had to, the doc said Gaviscon in such volumes could be hazrdous

Gaviscon gives me indigestion!..I know...its a foo.ker!

Pastry...toast and crusty bread,the same....errr.. i know its off topic..so..If Wednesday built a stadium out of ...ummmm...say...Filo pastry..I wouldn't be able to go...

Something similar to Derbys, if anyone's drove past lately it looks real impressive even got a big screen on the outside advertising things, looks fit for a premier league club

You go and have your new ground.

I'll stick with the one that has no reason the change.

Pastry...toast and crusty bread,the same....errr.. i know its off topic..so..If Wednesday built a stadium out of ...ummmm...say...Filo pastry..I wouldn't be able to go...

Maybe that's what Leeds have built their defence out of. It's ok though as JV says they have got 3 centre-backs better than Tom Lees.

it'd solve the problem of empty seats though, the crowd could nibble bits off when there was a crappy match coming up

Apologies, despite having a combined ave att of 41k to our 21k, you did have gate reciepts of £10.6m to our £9.7m.

However, the overall combined turnover of £14.9 and £10.2 was nowhere near our £29.3.

Now that's just embarrassing.

Turnover really doesnt mean diddly squit though does it JV only figure that matters is profit/loss figures.

Don't get this these new stadiums have no history, of course they don't they've just been built..

Would people now say Etihad stadium has no history after Augero's last minute goal to win the league?

These new stadiums will have history in 30 years time.

Edited by viva hate

I wonder what the great Eric Taylor - a man with the foresite to ensure that we HAD a stadium of the future - would think of us lagging so far behind now?

I've no doubt he'd have wanted us to move with the times (indeed, be ahead of them) by exploring the possibility of an innovative new stadium.

A 40,000 seater bowl stadium , would allow us top attendances of about 35,000 once SYP have finished flipping us over. So no it wouldn't be big enough you don't lose actual money If no ones sat on a seat its just lost revenue you do if theirs demand you can't possibly meet.

Don't argue with JV he's a Grade A stinky flaps who only comes for the wind up if you ignore him he'd **** off!

Don't get this these new stadiums have no history, of course they don't they've just been built..

Would people now say Etihad stadium has no history after Augero's last minute goal to win the league?

These new stadiums will have history in 30 years time.

I don't think the future generation of football fan will care about history anyway.

Most will want fantastic facilities, unrestricted views and enough leg room for six footer to sit straight on.

I'm six three and I don't think there's a seat in Elland Road I've sat in where I'm not in an upright fetal position.

Would love Stadium MK on ER site. 

What was Leeds capacity back in 91/92 just out if interest? They only averaged 27k. They won the league that year.

PL attendances have increase dramatically over the last couple of decades. There's no reason to think our attendances wouldn't be substantially higher than they were during our last successful period in the top flight, if we were to get there now.

Pigs were averaging 16/17k in the PL in the 90s. That shot up to 30k for their 1 season back there in 06/07.

Those 16K gates you talk about were actually in the Second tier.

In the 93 season, the season SU were relegated from the PL the average was almost 20K

SW have a big away end. Several teams in the PL would bring 5K to Hillsboro.

It's pretty obvious if SW were in the PL next season gates would average closer to 35,000.

However I have doubts that SW coukd sustain that suport.

Once the novelty of the PL has worn off averages would be the late 20's.

Its a very serious football forum mate...

Now if you want spurious pretence and peripheral tat..I would direct to a set of silly tw*ts that think they won the European cup when they actually didn't...now thats frippery...

From what I remember they were swindled in that final, largely by the ref, not surprised they still go on about it 40 years later, I'd still be pretty narked.

My Dad often used to talk about how we were robbed by Blackburn in the FA cup semi-final in1960.

From what I remember they were swindled in that final, largely by the ref, not surprised they still go on about it 40 years later, I'd still be pretty narked.

My Dad often used to talk about how we were robbed by Blackburn in the FA cup semi-final in1960.

Yea..but you don't sing .."We won the cup in 1960" do you?....thats the embarrassing part of it...