I'd love a new ground

I'm not taking the one year in isolation mate..its a longer term...I said on reaching the Premiership..and still 6k is nowt to laugh at...30k is not big enough for Hillsborough in current footballing trends....like I said its a different ball game these days...you can rocket back to the 30's and 40's if it suits the argument....

Wednesday at home to Man U..Man City...even your lot back in in the Prem...the ground would not be big enough as it is...

but you've already been in the PL when crowds were growing, in 1999/2000 most grounds were over 90% full.

Also do you think Man U and Man C every week? for every Liverpool there's a Hull or Swansea. Do you think you'll get huge walk up numbers for them?

but you've already been in the PL when crowds were growing, in 1999/2000 most grounds were over 90% full.

Also do you think Man U and Man C every week? for every Liverpool there's a Hull or Swansea. Do you think you'll get huge walk up numbers for them?

All dependant on how the respective teams were doing...Hull bring as many as you lot have at times...

Leeds have had seasons where they only averaged around  21000 in the top division...

Edited by asteener1867

Most teams have at some point in history.

ALL teams have..it changes..thats me f.ookin' point!...

I don't really expect you to understand the vagaries mate..Leeds isn't a football city...theres more watch football in Sheffield in the lower tier than trot to Elland Rd when you're running for the Champs league..

My point is...Hillsborough needs to stay at a 40'000 capacity..cos if it isn't it doesn't cater for A Wednesday side winning stuff and competing with the best...

Edited by asteener1867

ALL teams have..it changes..thats me f.ookin' point!...

I don't really expect you to understand the vagaries mate..Leeds isn't a football city...theres more watch football in Sheffield in the lower tier than trot to Elland Rd when you're running for the Champs league..

My point is...Hillsborough needs to stay at a 40'000 capacity..cos if it isn't it doesn't cater for A Wednesday side winning stuff and competing with the best...

Your just not really good with facts are you asteener,

In 2002 LUFC averaged 39,752

SWFC 20,882

SUFC 18,031

Total 38,913

Anyway, this threads taking a turn for the worse, agree to disagree and all that.

Edited by just visiting

Your just not really good with facts are you astoneer,

In 2002 LUFC averaged 39,752

SWFC 20,882

SUFC 18,031

Total 38,913

Anyway, this threads taking a turn for the worse, agree to disagree and all that.

As bad as you are with names mate...care to try a few figures as well as 2002..in the interests of history an all lol

all of them between 92-93 and 96-97?

Some of those teams are always top in attendances and no one would claim we are bigger than them

also our average was pretty high in the last season before PL

It was, 29,560. That stands as your highest for the past 45 years.

Like a previous poster pointed out though, whilst other fans embraced the dawn of the PL and crowds grew, yours went the other way and average attendances dropped by over 4k despite succeses you had.

It was, 29,560. That stands as your highest for the past 45 years.

Like a previous poster pointed out though, whilst other fans embraced the dawn of the PL and crowds grew, yours went the other way and average attendances dropped by over 4k despite succeses you had.

Which successes..We won nowt?...nor do we pretend to..