I'd love a new ground

I do think you'd average 30k but it wouldn't be the mid to late thirties like most on here are saying.

Average 28k home fans and an increase from away attendances should see you break 30k just.

Let's assume your postulation of 28k average home fans is accurate. That in itself backs up ideas of needing a 35k plus capacity as many top flight clubs would bring 5k away fans, plus for the bigger games we would have more than 28k of our own.

You also imply that away average would be about 2k. I would imagine it would be nearer 4k.

He'd have had a soulmate in Cellino mate.

They owned a radio station most of the turnover was nowt to do with football. 

The radio station had a turnover of £200k, hardly big business.

I suppose a £6.3m retail and merchandising income is nowt to do with football, likewise £9m gate receipts nowt to do with football. £5m executive and conference boxes nowt to do with football.

This is suddenly turning into a non sheff weds department thread.

But aren't leeds the biggest and best supported club in the land, that blow SWFC away in terms of support, turnover and just the fact that they are the bestest ever fans in the world ever? Closing part of a stand surely couldn't happen to a club like like Leeds could it?

They didn't actually close a stand mate...It just looked like it, cos they combined the directors box with the dug out....

When you are in a situation where the incumbent ex directors..current directors..and directors who's seats are saved because of Seafarin' misdemeanours in Italy..allayed to a manager a week...you have to make allowances..I mean if all the Directors ex managers, current managers and Italian Police turned up at once....it'd be mayhem!

The radio station had a turnover of £200k, hardly big business.

I suppose a £6.3m retail and merchandising income is nowt to do with football, likewise £9m gate receipts nowt to do with football. £5m executive and conference boxes nowt to do with football.

This is suddenly turning into a non sheff weds department thread.

See therein lies the difference...one set of fans talk like fans..and another talks like the chairman of f.ookin' Tescos

Didn't get an answer earlier so I'll ask again, JV why did Leeds only average 27k in the 91/92 title winning season? Was it lower capacity? Or just during a time when less fans went to matches?

No, we averaged 29,459, which, with segregation was all we could get in.

Out of the three Championship winning season's I can remember, that was the best time.

Which was your best Championship winning season you can remember? or FA cup or UEFA cup or European Cup Final?

Ey, but the League cup was summat wont it. 

Out of the three Championship winning season's I can remember, that was the best time.

Which was your best Championship winning season you can remember? or FA cup or UEFA cup or European Cup Final?

Suppose our trophies don't count cause they were too long ago.

What has this current dig got to do with attendances btw?

I'll admit it can't have been as good as your European cup triumph that only you lot can remember...

Can't remember the script exactly, but it was directed by that bloke that did Lord of the Rings wasn't it?

Lorimer gets a goal an' Frodo drops the ring into Mount Doom?.....

Did you even read Sham67's post?

Is that a quiz question?

are we havin' a quiz?

Was a genuine question. Not having a dig yet you answer it like a tail

Not a dig mate, just a reply to istillhatestevebold's post, which was a dig at me.

Folk tend to take things very seriously on here.

Its a very serious football forum mate...

Now if you want spurious pretence and peripheral tat..I would direct to a set of silly tw*ts that think they won the European cup when they actually didn't...now thats frippery...

Guest Grez Bez

Everyone always talks about Hillsborough costing a lot more than new stadiums but I've never seen any figures

Can anyone share some?

Also, downgrading the capacity of a ground that we CAN (and do) fill is ludicrous business sense. Why are people obsessed with the % of capacity we fill? It doesn't matter at all but the £££'s we can get when we do get a full ground does!

If you own a pub with a function room, you don't knock the function room down because its only used a few times a year

Cool, there's Spag Bol on the hob, a nice bottle of red opened and the wife loves a South Yorkshire accent, things are looking up. You'll love Ilkley, it's well posh.

What if the bottle of red gives me heartburn? By the way. I wouldn't love a new ground. Hillsborough will do for me. Just thought Id slip that in there just in case you wondered.