Have we become the most boring club in the world?

Don't we?......

Not at the moment, no. We're hard to beat and have proven a match for some of the best teams this division has to offer. Only Watford have been out of touch and outclassed us so far. We've hit a sticky patch as the goals have dried up, but we're still drawing most games rather than losing them, which is an improvement on recent seasons.

Guest Willie Henderson

308 minutes without scoring a solitary goal is what makes us boring...... Anyone know the longest we've gone without scoring ?

I might be stating the bleedin obvious but until we bring in a proven goalscorer at this level we are always gonna struggle!

Hopefully with Madine and hope departing this will clear the way for one !

You have to speculate to accumulate. There has been very little speculating over the last 15 years.

I remember getting proper excited when we signed Stefanovic and Kovacevic. We were a proper club signing decent players. A few decent signings followed - but it was mixed with a lot of howlers, which have helped cause out demise.

Could be worse, we could be Leeds.

I don't know whether I would completely agree with the OP's sentiments, but he has touched on something. It's a tongue in cheek comment but I know, but I've often felt that my enthusiasm tank was way lower than it should be, given our position of relative comfort. Talking to others, I know I'm not alone in feeling this way. Why is it? Certainly I've experienced far darker days watching my beloved Owls. The club is now stable, we are improving slowly, but surely. Hell, even the football isn't bad, so why do I feel anything other than calm satisfaction that at a job done well? I don't believe for one minute that it's a case of being spoilt, there isn't a Wednesday fan alive to whom that emotion applies Maybe it's just a general disillusionment with the way football's going? I certainly have no love for what's happening in the Premier League, and in truth, no real desire to get there. Perhaps that's it, knowing that we need to be there for financial reasons, but also knowing that we would be unlikely to ever have a chance of winning it. If we are bored with mid table nothingness now, how would it be in the Premier League, where mid table nothingness would be viewed as success for a club like ours.

What I think this is all about, is hope. Hope that things can be better, or more exciting, for without that, what's the point. If we are constantly told, we cannot challenge the top ten clubs until we get investment, it's probably true, but it's rather deflating. However, it's certainly preferable to being told we are going to challenge, only to find out that nothing's changed, and we still need a wealthy benefactor. Now that is really deflating. Guess we all need to get used to being Steady Eddies for a while, it has to be better than the turmoil of the previous decades.

I don't get why some people when questioned how poor we are always go to the extreme of comparing us with the worst possible scenarios and how much worse maybe 1 or 2 sets of fans have it out of the 92 in the football league. Just because a couple of clubs currently have it worse that us it doesn't take away the fact that we have been wee wee poor for going on 15 years, rarely have anything to celebrate, haven't competed for players, done everything on a shoe string budget and have pretty much had a terrible brand of football as a consequence over that period of time. I don't care about those other clubs, I care about sheffield wednesday and how $hite we've for far too long and too much of our fan base see it as acceptable just because we were in a mess a while ago. It's an embarrassing and pathetic attitude.

As for the op he's probably right. I can't even get excited about the prospect if going to games anymore because unfortunately I see Hillsborough as a depressing place where I don't enjoy myself. I know countless other fans who feel the same. I used to have a season ticket for countless years in the prem and championship and attenteded many games in league 1, but now I'd rather just spend my little bit of free time with my fiends actually enjoying myself rather than having the life sucked out of me by attending games on a regular basis. I read posts from season ticket holders who don't even want to go but feel obliged. Just sums up how we are doing and the entertainment that's on offer