Milans Annual pre season bs athon

Christ... the bleating on here...

Some of you fannies need to spend a season stood on the East Bank.

Maybe watching a Steve Burtenshaw team.

In siling rain.

Or a Len Ashurst team.

With nobody stood in front of you for three steps down.

But at least you could smoke on the bus if you could light a soggy ***.

Heh, heh! Happy days!

OK OT - why can you not accept tha *** actually means "cigarette"?

B0llx -I've had enough of this stupid website.

Sweet Jesus Fog Fig Feg Fug Fyg. Faaaaaaaaag!

I'm off. (4th edit, by the way)

Edited by VictoryBell

Guest Sheff Owl

Milan and the fans have talked about progression each year but my question would be is what if we manage to stay up with a few games to spare? is that really progression?

Then the following season would be more of the same unless we sell because Milan isn't suddenly gonna change his ways.

Barnsley's ambition every season was to stay up and eventually they failed after narrowly escaping the previous year.

Guest Sheff Owl

What Milan said in the summer..

Milan Mandaric “expects” Sheffield Wednesday to be challenging for promotion next season and today declares himself “not happy” with the job he’s done as chairman over the past two campaigns.

Mandaric also declares that former loan hero Matty Fryatt WILL be among the club’s top transfer targets this summer - while pledging to reduce a reliance on loans.

And the Owls owner reveals in this exclusive interview:-

He has ploughed almost £30m into Hillsborough.

A partnership with an outside investor could be considered after approaches on those lines.

A full takeover remains tantalisingly elusive but Mandaric – who believes Sammy Yu’s Chinese group have some of the knowledge required – is gearing up regardless to take on the challenge for another season. And that means setting his sights on the Premiership.

Mandaric pledges his commitment to sign up the best of the out-of-contract players, including Chris Kirkland and Glenn Loovens, and insists the emphasis on recruitment will be on quality rather than quantity.

“I’m not defending this season,” said the Wednesday chairman, despite the team’s surge to safety and beyond under Stuart Gray.

“The scars are still there from earlier.

“I expected to be pushing for the play-offs, to be honest. When I came here this club was neglected in every area. But we’ve made progress and it’s right for us to be expected to challenge next season, absolutely.”

Mandaric, who has identified summer recruitment as an area to improve, stressed: “We need some players but not too many. . . maybe four or five of quality in certain positions. And our number one priority is to find someone who can score 20 goals.”

Asked about Fryatt, who hit four in nine appearances for the Owls and is soon a free agent at Hull, he said: “Matty will be on a very short list for us. I don’t like to advertise that but, yes, he’s experienced and knows where the goal is. He was my player at Leicester previously and I know what he can do.”

More immediately, says Mandaric, “we can start talking to people like Kirkland and Loovens” about new deals. He admits some of the dozen soon-to-be free agents will leave to afford a tighter, better squad and “avoid the problem we’ve had of carrying some who were injured or not good enough.”

He said: “We can’t afford to make similar mistakes. I’m not 100% happy with our results here. Overall we could have done a lot better apart from my first 18 months. Now there’s time to accelerate the programme.”

Hardly the tone of a man desperate to sell up or one, even at 75, who’s weary of a burden. Still as fidgety and energetic as ever, he again insists the future of the club is paramount and that he will do what it takes.

The longer it goes on, we are only going to head one way, just like Barnsley and others.

Milan and the fans have talked about progression each year but my question would be is what if we manage to stay up with a few games to spare? is that really progression?

Then the following season would be more of the same unless we sell because Milan isn't suddenly gonna change his ways.

Barnsley's ambition every season was to stay up and eventually they failed after narrowly escaping the previous year.

Milan Mandaric “expects” Sheffield Wednesday to be challenging for promotion next season and today declares himself “not happy” with the job he’s done as chairman over the past two campaigns.

Mandaric also declares that former loan hero Matty Fryatt WILL be among the club’s top transfer targets this summer - while pledging to reduce a reliance on loans.

A partnership with an outside investor could be considered after approaches on those lines.

A full takeover remains tantalisingly elusive but Mandaric – who believes Sammy Yu’s Chinese group have some of the knowledge required – is gearing up regardless to take on the challenge for another season. And that means setting his sights on the Premiership.

Mandaric pledges his commitment to sign up the best of the out-of-contract players, including Chris Kirkland and Glenn Loovens, and insists the emphasis on recruitment will be on quality rather than quantity.

“I’m not defending this season,” said the Wednesday chairman, despite the team’s surge to safety and beyond under Stuart Gray.

“I expected to be pushing for the play-offs, to be honest. When I came here this club was neglected in every area. But we’ve made progress and it’s right for us to be expected to challenge next season, absolutely.”

Mandaric, who has identified summer recruitment as an area to improve, stressed: “We need some players but not too many. . . maybe four or five of quality in certain positions. And our number one priority is to find someone who can score 20 goals.”

Asked about Fryatt, who hit four in nine appearances for the Owls and is soon a free agent at Hull, he said: “Matty will be on a very short list for us. I don’t like to advertise that but, yes, he’s experienced and knows where the goal is. He was my player at Leicester previously and I know what he can do.”

More immediately, says Mandaric, “we can start talking to people like Kirkland and Loovens” about new deals. He admits some of the dozen soon-to-be free agents will leave to afford a tighter, better squad and “avoid the problem we’ve had of carrying some who were injured or not good enough.”

He said: “We can’t afford to make similar mistakes. I’m not 100% happy with our results here. Overall we could have done a lot better apart from my first 18 months. Now there’s time to accelerate the programme.”

Hardly the tone of a man desperate to sell up or one, even at 75, who’s weary of a burden. Still as fidgety and energetic as ever, he again insists the future of the club is paramount and that he will do what it takes.

Funny thing is that people fall for this crap.

Good old Milan ... 2 months wasted waiting for Borat to transfer his dinar and now here we are 36 hrs to kick off and the usual rush to sign anyone.... Oh and lo and behold ... Here it coma the old loan window rubbish.

Absolutely fed up with the drivel and spin out of this club ... For once can we not conduct ourselves in a well organised manner .

I thought the jimmy smith pre season took the biscuit ... This tops it

It's took people 4 years to work that one out?

Hahahaha  :biggrin:

The problem with running on the cheap and carrying the smallest squad you can possibly get away with is you are relying on always being able to get a loan player when you need them to boost the numbers and options. This is a very risky strategy because sooner or later you will need a player for a certain position ( like a striker today) , and there wont be any either available  or willing to sign for you. This is exactly what has happened today  , our luck with relying on poncing players has run out and Milans whole transfer policy has come back and bit us right on the arse. 

But it wont be that tight old git who suffers , it will be Gray , the team and us fans.