Wednesday Team 1972 Look at the COP

Guest Keezee

:blink: That's how I remembered it :blink:

think you might be right pal, rings a bell, happy days, every away game we had more fans than theirs other clubs loved us traveling to theirs they packed us in, more money than usual

let's hope the happy days are back

up the owls

-------------------------------------

its only been called the crows nest in recent years.

The Crows Nest is the NORTH WEST corner of the ground. Tango sits in the NORTH EAST corner of the ground.

Neither area is the EAST BANK.

FFS

Edited by wisewoodowl

take a look at the team from 1972 the good old stripes the open cop and the old scoreboard pure MAGIC

Posted Image

Go on then I'll have a go at naming them.

Back row. Dooley,Swan, Henson?, ???, thompson, Grummitt,Rodrigues,Springett,Prophet,Todd ???,Mullen

Front row. ???,???,Sinclair, Knighton? Clements, Holsgrove, Joicey, Sissons?, Potts, Henderson, ???

Edited by marconi

Back row. Dooley,Swan, Downes, Sunley, thompson, Grummitt,Rodrigues,Springett,Prophet,Todd, Taylor,Mullen

Front row. Prendergast, Burton,Sinclair, Coyle, Clements, Holsgrove, Joicey, Sissons,Potts, Henderson, Prudham

(Confident of most I've 'corrected' but the photo is not too clear - if only recent memory was as good!!)

Back row. Dooley,Swan, Downes, Sunley, thompson, Grummitt,Rodrigues,Springett,Prophet,Todd, Taylor,Mullen

Front row. Prendergast, Burton,Sinclair, Coyle, Clements, Holsgrove, Joicey, Sissons,Potts, Henderson, Prudham

(Confident of most I've 'corrected' but the photo is not too clear - if only recent memory was as good!!)

ill put you all out of your memory here are the players

back row left to right - derek dooley (manager)- peter swan - steven downes - david sunley - alan thompson - peter grummitt - peter rodrigues - peter springett - colin prophett - sammy todd - paul taylor - jimmy mullen - ron staniforth (trainer just missing in this picy)

front row left to right - mick prendergast - kenny burton - jackie sinclair - roy coyle - david clements - john holsgrove - brian joicey - john sissons - tommy craig - willie henderson - eddie prudham - eric potts (just missing from picture)

hope you remember some of these players i have this photo with all their autographs down the sides of the picture its framed on my office wall along side the new boys. i think the good old days are coming back to hillsborough lads and lasses

we've got our club back we're moving forward

up the owls

take a look at the team from 1972 the good old stripes the open cop and the old scoreboard pure MAGIC

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/keezee/SheffWed1972WithCop.jpg[/img]

stripes? kop? etc? how about the total lack of mercenarys and badge kissers! these were guys who wanted to play football because they loved the game,not todays prima donnas on silly money.