Tonight’s Game

9 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Ipswich have Hull and then Coventry away, not easy. 

But with Coventry be Hull this week, one of these teams (or both if draw) will be struggling to make the play offs 

Did Yoda write for you? 😀 

• Haha 2

Leeds actually play again before Ipswich's next game , could be a 4 point gap between them and Leeds before they next play. Let's hope Ipswich don't falter meaning they've a meaningless game against Huddersfield by the time they play them.

Edited by s29wfc

I do not go along with all of this hatred of Leeds Weeds as I remember their fantastic half-back line of Bremner-Charlton-Hunter and some very classy Scottish forwards including Johnny Giles, Peter Lorimer, Eddie Gray, and Joe Jordan. 

8 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

I do not go along with all of this hatred of Leeds Weeds as I remember their fantastic half-back line of Bremner-Charlton-Hunter and some very classy Scottish forwards including Johnny Giles, Peter Lorimer, Eddie Gray, and Joe Jordan. 

Johnny Giles was Irish wasn’t he.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Ipswich have Hull and then Coventry away, not easy. 

But with Coventry be Hull this week, one of these teams (or both if draw) will be struggling to make the play offs 

A little mini league they've got going on in the next week. Best outcome (I think) is if Hull win 2 and Ipswich beat Coventry. That will mean Hull are still within touching distance of Norwich and Ipswich will need 3 points on the final day for a chance of the autos... FFS I can see my hair getting greyer by the minute!

17 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Leeds actually play again before Ipswich's next game , could be a 4 point gap between them and Leeds before they next play. Let's hope Ipswich don't falter meaning they've a meaningless game against Huddersfield by the time they play them.

This is why I didn't want L**ds to win tonight. If Ipswich only don't win either of their next 2 games away at Hull and Coventry and L**ds and Leicester win their next games, that could be the top 2 sorted before the last game. 

It needs to stay a 3 horse race going to the last day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

This is why I didn't want L**ds to win tonight. If Ipswich only don't win either of their next 2 games away at Hull and Coventry and L**ds and Leicester win their next games, that could be the top 2 sorted before the last game. 

A good point. Let's hope Ipswich win at least one of those games to keep them.in the hunt.

However, from a different perspective, we could do with either Coventry or Hull keeping the pressure on Norwich as Norwich play Birmingham last. Also Hull at Plymoth on the last day so  need them still in it.

Let's just beat The Baggies and Sunderland to keep it simple!

5 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

A good point. Let's hope Ipswich win at least one of those games to keep them.in the hunt.

However, from a different perspective, we could do with either Coventry or Hull keeping the pressure on Norwich as Norwich play Birmingham last. Also Hull at Plymoth on the last day so  need them still in it.

Let's just beat The Baggies and Sunderland to keep it simple!

I agree. Win Saturday and we can all relax a bit more. If we are back in the bottom 3, we're going to be relying on other results on the last day.

Ipswich need 2 pts from their next two games (away at Hull then away at Coventry) to take it to the last game against Huddersfield needing a win , that's providing Leeds beat QPR on Friday night.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Ipswich need 2 pts from their next two games (away at Hull then away at Coventry) to take it to the last game against Huddersfield needing a win , that's providing Leeds beat QPR on Friday night.

Yes, Friday evening will be when Owls can support Leeds to keep QPR in the mix. 

2 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Just like in League One last season, a team is going to miss out on autos with a massive points haul!!

Hope it’s Leeds! 😂

I hope it’s Leicester after all them losses to the teams around us

• Like 1

Oddly, despite losing 10 games, almost a quarter of their games played so far, Leicester can still achieve 100 points. 

For some perspective Burnley got 101 last season and only lost 3. Leicester have a habit of turning the draws into wins (or the win into a draw at Hillsborough!). 

7 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

There’s lots of permutations still to play out isn’t there, despite being so few games remaining 

Even if the top two is sorted, there’s the potential that Leicester will want to win their last game at home to Blackburn to win the title. 

But knowing our luck,  everything will be sorted before the last game and we will all be playing teams with nothing to “play for”.