Iorfa deffo has to play v WBA... but where?

2 hours ago, sammo said:

Thought we really struggled at the back yesterday until he came on - they were getting a lot of opportunities over the top. 

He was magnificent yesterday and showed to me he should be starting regardless. We suddenly looked composed, assured and barely gave anything away. 

His pace is 100% required in that system.

He's probably the best athlete at the club.

Size, power and quick.

Tbf, I think he's had a good season when fit and available.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He's probably the best athlete at the club.

Size, power and quick.

Tbf, I think he's had a good season when fit and available.

I agree. Strangely enough I've found the Championship suits him better than League One! 

I've no idea the rationale behind that but his performances always tend to be better in this league. 

2 minutes ago, sammo said:

I agree. Strangely enough I've found the Championship suits him better than League One! 

I've no idea the rationale behind that but his performances always tend to be better in this league. 

Yeah.

He had a very up and down time last season.

In saying that I was more than happy to see him start every game in the play offs. Very odd.

Think he just sometimes has a wobble and it can completely throw him off his game. Frustrating really because everyone makes mistakes, it's just how you deal with them.

2 hours ago, 1952Owl said:

HOOTIE AND THE poo TU

Bernard won't play. 

He is off bud. 

Iorfa deffo has to play. 

Is there anything to support this supposed story about Bernard? It sounds like a nonsense twatter rumour to me.  If he was going to take his ball home he’d hardly do it in the middle of pre-game warmup would he.

Has Poveda also refused to play, or are we accepting that that one is a muscle injury….

Poveda won't play again. 

Bernard won't play again. 

We have moved on...... 

Iorfa SHOULD play v WBA. 

Will Ihiekwe be fit? 

Bambo on standby then? 

Danny perseveres with Famewo???? 

On 22/04/2024 at 19:35, Blergh said:

Is there anything to support this supposed story about Bernard? It sounds like a nonsense twatter rumour to me.  If he was going to take his ball home he’d hardly do it in the middle of pre-game warmup would he.

Was watching the warm up and looked ok to me but  he kept looking across to the south stand at some shifty looking   bloke who was on his mobile  who excitingly gave him a thumbs up and he immediately pulled up lame.....so there could be some mileage in the rumour

• Haha 3

On 22/04/2024 at 21:52, 1952Owl said:

Injuries may dictate anyway.. 

but Iorfa has to play v WBA. 

We need his pace and height at the back. Where would you start him and maybe who alongside? 

I am surprised Danny has left him out to start. Iorfa is deffo better than Famewo. 

Do they play one up front and pack the midfield? 4-5-1? 

Danny might play a back 4 

I like Iorfa as a RCB with a commander behind in the middle of a back 3.

Weve got several defenders that are touch and go, Bernard is another. He’s not as commanding as Icky or Diaby but is better with the ball at his feet so could be the middle of a back 3.

Saturday is going to be difficult, we can’t afford the kinds of mistakes we made against Norwich because I don’t think Albion will let a lead go easily. I think they will score and we will need to score 2 to win or get a point.

DR has got options elsewhere on the pitch but that might be shaped by what he can do with the back line.

Andrew_Owl

Yep think Danny might start with this team bud. Question is fitness of Ihekwei, but I think he won't make it? 

I'd like to see Pato come on and rattle WBA. I would have played him instead of Pol, but 65 mins I expect to see several subs come on. 

• Like 1