Long distance Owls scheme

8 minutes ago, Lombardo said:

Unless we get Carlisle away I would not even have tried.

Are you sure this is for this season?

The link the OP posted listed the games that the scheme covers - all for this current season - there are 50 tickets held over for supporters living within a 45 minute journey of the stadium we are playing at - only the QPR game is now remaining.

1 minute ago, Mr Meadows said:

I mean why is there such a scheme ?

Presumably so that fans who don't live in Sheffield and are not ST holders have a chance of attending away games where the allocation is pathetic, e.g. QPR

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meadows said:

Get that, just don’t see why they should get any sort of  priority 

I guess maybe just a token gesture from the club to try to accommodate supporters who can’t make matches regularly.  Arguably unfair to take from supporters who would make the effort to travel to away matches but at the same time I get the idea.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Meadows said:

Get that, just don’t see why they should get any sort of  priority 

One reason might be making it more viable for fans who aren't as well off financially to have the chance to watch us play in person. If they live far from Hillsborough, but happen to be close to an away ground we visit then that might be the only chance they get to see a game.

Besides, according to the OS it was something asked for by supporters groups.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, EveryWednesday said:

I emailed to see if I could get Ipswich tickets, being a resident of Suffolk.

Didn't receive a reply

bad customer, didn’t include a bill of sale for your house

• Haha 4

I much prefer away games to home, but since covid I have barely got any points all the away games get snapped up by the fans who go home and away week in week out and deservedly so.  It is a shame though as away games have an atmosphere and home ones are really poor usually. The cost and time to travel to Sheffield are also another factors too. Where I live I might get a shot at a pompey ticket next year if we stay up, I normally go there.

• Like 1