Vinicius Jr: Racist abuse

Spanish football has a huge problem with racism. 

It also seems to be on the rise across Europe. 

I remember a game against England where they made monkey chants. It was shocking! I particularly felt for Senna who was Spain's only black player. 

Italy also seems to have regular occurrences with pundits and managers also openly saying shocking racist remarks. 

As for this lad he should keep highlighting it and keep scoring goals to ram it down the throats of the idiots. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, markowl said:

You're not suggesting that if he ignores it, it'll go away are you?

No just answering  the question of why he seems to be targeted specifically.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

No just answering  the question of why he seems to be targeted specifically.......

He must have been targeted initially, so I don't think your answer holds up to much scrutiny.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, markowl said:

He must have been targeted initially, so I don't think your answer holds up to much scrutiny.

Virtually every decent black player in Spain will have been targeted at some point.

He's just answering your question and as per usual your getting upset by something that's not there.

Torryowl isn't the issue it's the racists who are.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Waddle93 said:

Virtually every decent black player in Spain will have been targeted at some point.

He's just answering your question and as per usual your getting upset by something that's not there.

I didn't say he was the issue, I was debating his point.

Your point seems to contradict his.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Waddle93 said:

He was targeted because he was black

The response from Torryowl was to say that 'there must have been some reason why he is targeted specifically' and earlier he said that it's 'probably coz he reacts'

Very similar vibes to the Kasey Palmer responses that were on here.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

There seems to be a bit of a CR7 factor about it, but with racism as the abuse of choice instead of general abuse 

CR also played for Madrid, one games singlehanded, rinsed his opposition fullbacks etc, and enjoyed doing it - so a bit similar 

But unfortunately the fans have decided that that’s an acceptable factor to single out Vini for dogs abuse about his skin colour 

Spanish crowds are shockers when it comes to racist abuse, much much worse than our fans.

The Spanish F.A. simply dont care, and we know FIFA/ UEFA don't either.

Vini Jnr , the more he calls it out the worse it gets. 

Not sure what the answer is if he stays in Spain, as it will only get worse.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BridportOwl said:

He has the cheek to play with a smile on his face, celebrates when scores and speaks out against the vile abuse he has been the victim of.

Racists hate that, and apologists for racists think he should just keep his head down like a good little boy.

Basically this 

11 hours ago, BridportOwl said:

He has the cheek to play with a smile on his face, celebrates when scores and speaks out against the vile abuse he has been the victim of.

Racists hate that, and apologists for racists think he should just keep his head down like a good little boy.

Nobody has said that in this thread though just explained why he gets more than others.

I'm sure Bannofan isn't an apologist for racists but he's basically said the same as torryowl did.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, markowl said:

I didn't say he was the issue, I was debating his point.

Your point seems to contradict his.

So you don't think he gets more abuse because he reacts/speaks out?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, markg said:

He was targeted because he was black

The response from Torryowl was to say that 'there must have been some reason why he is targeted specifically' and earlier he said that it's 'probably coz he reacts'

Very similar vibes to the Kasey Palmer responses that were on here.

I'm sure the question was why he gets more abuse than others and that's because he reacts to it.

Nobody is trying to justify it but simply answering the question asked.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Basically this 

Yeah he stands up to it, of course he shouldn't have to, as it shouldn't be an issue in the first place.

He'd be better off walking away from the Spanish league. However again, why should he let those chucking abuse at him win.

Fair play to him, he's battling against it and refuses to walk away.

5 hours ago, Waddle93 said:

I'm sure the question was why he gets more abuse than others and that's because he reacts to it.

Nobody is trying to justify it but simply answering the question asked.

I don't think for one minute racists just abuse people who react.

Look back to the Euros final penalty shootout and remember who got the abuse.

Racists are racists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, markowl said:

I don't think for one minute racists just abuse people who react.

Look back to the Euros final penalty shootout and remember who got the abuse.

Racists are racists.

I think you've lost sight of the question of course it's racists but why is he being targeted seemingly more than others was the question he answered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Waddle93 said:

I think you've lost sight of the question of course it's racists but why is he being targeted seemingly more than others was the question he answered.

No, they haven’t lost sight of the question. They’re simply stating the fact that players are targeted because they’re black, not because they react. Vini gets targeted because he’s black, just like all black players do. Only cardholders of KKK would think otherwise.

• Like 3