Vinicius Jr: Racist abuse

35 minutes ago, Waddle93 said:

Where would you get actual statistics from but if you watch and read about La Liga it's obvious and to point out yet again that was the actual point of this topic 🤦‍♂️.

Anyway I'm going to leave this thread because as somebody once told me "Don't ever get in to an argument with idiots as they will bring you down to there level and then beat you with experience".

Good night crack on race baiting and you two can tug each other off for the remainder of the thread.

States someone who’s raison d'être is to start arguments with themselves! 😂

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, markowl said:

Were you also told that once you start abusing someone in an argument, you've lost?

Quite funny really. In a thread about racist abuse, someone starts throwing abuse because they can’t get their own way.

And I’m pretty sure that ‘race baiting’ is a term predominately used by racists and racist apologists, as a distraction to try and hide the fact that they are racists but too scared to admit it?

On 27/03/2024 at 09:27, Bannofan said:

I think at this point Vini Jnr has two options

1. Carry on calling it out and holding the those who can punish it to account. At the moment paltry fines and warnings are being given out. This will lead to even more abuse aimed at him, and who know where it will end. He's got very limited support .

2. Leave Madrid and enjoy is football again, but where does he go?  Italy has the same issue, so we are talking about him moving to the Premier League or to PSG . This would be a really sad option , as the racists , Spanish FA and UEFA will have won. 

So, carry on calling it out and receive an ever increasing amount of abuse ,  or move to avoid it and let the racists win. 

A very sad state of affairs. 

It's easy to say isn't but I'd love it if he stayed, and just walked off the pitch every time there was abuse. Totally disrupt the game

19 hours ago, markowl said:

I don't get your point, so I'll leave it, as I've been accused of race baiting (whatever that is).

It's a word people use that's trendy but they don't quite understand.

It's a bit like woke, virtue signalling, Marxists etc.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s not. I’ve seen you do it loads. Take the racism out of it, the question was why is he being targeted specifically, and Toryowl gave an opinion on why he thinks it might be happening 

You can't take racism out of an issue with a player being racially abused

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, markg said:

You can't take racism out of an issue with a player being racially abused

The question was WHY he attracts more racism than other players, not why is he getting it in the first place 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

The question was WHY he attracts more racism than other players, not why is he getting it in the first place 

And the other question, that has been ignored, is what evidence do you have that he's attracting more racism?

Edited by markowl

36 minutes ago, markowl said:

And the other question, that has been ignored, is what evidence do you have that he's attracting more racism?

Ask any La Liga fan about Vini, heck ask any Madrid fan too. Even they’re sick of his antics. He dives all over the pitch and constantly looks for trouble. That’s why he’s more of a target for the morons 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Ask any La Liga fan about Vini, heck ask any Madrid fan too. They’re sick of his antics. He dives all over the pitch and constantly looks for trouble. That’s why he’s more of a target for the morons 

I don't even know where to begin with this.

This thread is starting to take a turn towards victim blaming, so I'll not engage with you any more. I'll leave you to call me a race baiter.

• Like 1

Just now, markowl said:

I don't even know where to begin with this.

This thread is starting to take a turn towards victim blaming, so I'll not engage with you any more. I'll leave you to call me a race baiter.

I still think you’re massively missing the point I’m trying to make . The question was, WHY does he ignite more abuse.

Now who do you think the racists will target more: a person of colour who’s quiet and goes about his business on the pitch, or one who dives, causes trouble and constantly gestures to the crowd?  

That’s what fuels these degenerates 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

I still think you’re massively missing the point I’m trying to make . The question was, WHY does he ignite more abuse.

Now who do you think the racists will target more: a person of colour who’s quiet and goes about his business on the pitch, or one who dives, causes trouble and constantly gestures to the crowd?  

I'm not comfortable discussing this with you, so as I said, I'll leave you to it.

Talking about his "antics" doesn't come across as sympathetic, no matter how you try and dress it up.

I've got my opinion, you've got yours, I'll leave you to it.

Just now, markowl said:

I'm not comfortable discussing this with you, so as I said, I'll leave you to it.

Talking about his "antics" doesn't come across as sympathetic, no matter how you try and dress it up.

I've got my opinion, you've got yours, I'll leave you to it.

I am in no way victim blaming so don’t try that. You’re conflating two issues into one. There’s the racism side which is abhorrent, then there’s why he seems to be getting more abuse than others. THAT was the question . And you’re seemingly too emotional to separate the two topics 

Just now, FreshOwl said:

I am in no way victim blaming so don’t try that. You’re conflating two issues into one. There’s the racism side which is abhorrent, then there’s why he seems to be getting more abuse than others. THAT was the question . And you’re seemingly too emotional to separate the two topics 

I'm not emotional at all.

You're the one talking about someone's antics as a reason why they get racially abused.

👍

1 minute ago, markowl said:

I'm not emotional at all.

You're the one talking about someone's antics as a reason why they get racially abused.

👍

I’m saying it will add fuel to the fire for racists.

Don’t try and twist my sh*t. I’ve seen you do it to other posters and you won’t here. Just say you’re not intelligent enough to have the conversation 

Just now, FreshOwl said:

I’m saying it will add fuel to the fire for racists.

Don’t try and twist my sh*t. I’ve seen you do it to other posters and you won’t here. Just say you’re not intelligent enough to have the conversation 

And predictably we move on to the personal stuff!

👋

56 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I get what your saying. 

This is the answer to why Vini Jnr gets more abuse than others. 

It's because he's very, very good and can damage your team, so if the fans can upset him and put him off his game , then that's what they will do. 

By now,  they know he WILL react , so on it goes. 

I'm not sure about him diving..not many attacking players that don't these days. 

He's certainly hated though and getting no sympathy from the Spanish game. I follow an Athletic Bilboa website, and I've not read anything racist on there until this has blown up - They have absolutely zero sympathy for him. It was like the worse posts of the Kasey Palmer threads on here but with no-one challenging the ' he brought him on himself' posts. 

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

It's because racists hate black people. Some racists will 'tolerate' black people (how kind of them), until said black person does well, or gets ideas 'above their station'

• Like 2
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, markg said:

It's because racists hate black people. Some racists will 'tolerate' black people (how kind of them), until said black person does well, or gets ideas 'above their station'

Thats essentially the point I was making. They do well, or lash out, or goad the crowd. It fuels the racists more. Why this was so hard for the other mark to understand I do not know 

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Thats essentially the point I was making. They do well, or lash out, or goad the crowd. It fuels the racists more. Why this was so hard for the other mark to understand I do not know 

I guess people just get really passionate about it.

32 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I understand.

You stated that he got racist abuse because people were sick of his antics.

You may not have wanted it to sound like it did, but it came across (to me) as victim blaming.