International Watch

Cadz got around 15 minutes for his first outing as a young lion. Despite that he still put himself out there, but the chances werent created for him. Here’s starboy in the England kit:

Bernard got to play the full 120 minutes against USA, and probably thought Jamaica was going to win after a quick goal in the first minute. Heartbreak occurred though and they conceded an own goal in the 96th minute. Last minute goals, eh? You either love em or hate them. This led to a spiral in extra time where USA smashed two more goals pass the Reggae Boys defence, finishing the game, 3-1. 
Bernard picked up a rating of 3.7/5 for this game.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Internationals maybe, but they are either loanees or youngsters, the one current regular international player that we own is out with a long term injury.

Patto?

3 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Barely a "regular" and remind me how he is playing at the moment?, no I meant Delgado who is a regular for Chile.

I didn't know this about Delgado. 

Would Poveda have been considered for the Colombia squad do you think?  

7 hours ago, Wednesdayitewastaken said:

Cadz got around 15 minutes for his first outing as a young lion. Despite that he still put himself out there, but the chances werent created for him. Here’s starboy in the England kit:

Bernard got to play the full 120 minutes against USA, and probably thought Jamaica was going to win after a quick goal in the first minute. Heartbreak occurred though and they conceded an own goal in the 96th minute. Last minute goals, eh? You either love em or hate them. This led to a spiral in extra time where USA smashed two more goals pass the Reggae Boys defence, finishing the game, 3-1. 
Bernard picked up a rating of 3.7/5 for this game.

I think Bailey Cadamarteri should consider playing for Jamaica , he's not going to be an England regular at senior level so it would be a good way to play International football. 

1 minute ago, Bannofan said:

Would Poveda have been considered for the Colombia squad do you think?  

He was called but not playing due to injury I think

1 minute ago, Bannofan said:

I think Bailey Cadamarteri should consider playing for Jamaica , he's not going to be an England regular at senior level so it would be a good way to play International football. 

I reckon Bailey playing for Jamaica will probably be what ends up happening, but playing for England at any level would be an opportunity to pass up. Also, seeing as he is just 19 years old, there is a chance for him to improve and start playing top level soon, maybe edging into the England squad. The future's bright for him

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Barely a "regular" and remind me how he is playing at the moment?, no I meant Delgado who is a regular for Chile.

Not as regular as pato  for scotland ....

Bailey scored from a penalty for England U19's in a 3-2 loss to USA. Looked like the last to be subbed on 76 minutes. Well done to him.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Daz said:

Bailey scored from a penalty for England U19's in a 3-2 loss to USA. Looked like the last to be subbed on 76 minutes. Well done to him.

Wow, USA bettering England youth really shows that the game has progressed over there.

8 minutes ago, island owl said:

a big well done to all our lads

Indeed. It's absolutely brilliant that we have so many young internationals in our club. Let's hope they keep up the "good work" and become fully fledged internationals. Well done lads!! 

Well done to Cadamarteri, completely disagree with people who say he’s looked out of his depth playing in our first team.  There’d be experienced strikers who look the same given the lack of service they actually get when in our side.  

• Like 2

On 22/03/2024 at 15:23, Wednesdayitewastaken said:

He was called but not playing due to injury I think

I reckon Bailey playing for Jamaica will probably be what ends up happening, but playing for England at any level would be an opportunity to pass up. Also, seeing as he is just 19 years old, there is a chance for him to improve and start playing top level soon, maybe edging into the England squad. The future's bright for him

I'm sure that I read somewhere that he wanted to play for England U19s as a way to benchmark where his development is atm. Quite an intelligent move I reckon.

• Like 1