F.A. Cup Final Replay 1970

7 hours ago, BIG D said:

He was hard, not a clogger 

Everton's alex scott wouldnt agree with you ...tank wasnt averse to going thru the back of wingers as that  was how catterick coached  to him to play .

8 hours ago, BIG D said:

Not saying he wasn’t hard. If you think he was as bad as Harris fair enough. That’s not my memory. 

Megson, Mobley and Hickton...hard as fizz. Mickey Lyons made Harris look like a girl guide 🤣

Think it was Dermot Gallagher who after watching it said that if it was played now there wouldn't have been enough players left on the pitch to finish the game.

What's interesting is that although some of the fouls were horrendous there wasn't really any of the rolling around and histrionics by the fouled players that you see now.

Edited by darra
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, darra said:

What's interesting is that although some of the fouls were horrendous there wasn't really any of the rolling around and histrionics by the fouled players that you see now.

Because then, even at our amateur level, you never showed an opponent you were injured

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darra said:

Think it was Dermot Gallagher who after watching it said that if it was played now there wouldn't have been enough players left on the pitch to finish the game.

The one thing to me that a player isn't injured is the fecking rolling around, I suffered a fracture playing football and I couldn't move because of the pain never mind rolling around 

• Like 1

The first game was a very good match on a tricky surface, two Chelsea lads on the line anticipating a bouncing ball that just grubbed along the floor as they both kicked at fresh air.

You couldn't take your eyes off the replay, football warfare, something was happening all the time, ferocious tackles flew in and neither side gave any quarter, a pure battle, fantastic entertainment for anyone whose never seen it, the full game is on youtube and highlights from the first game, I can highly recommend watching them both.

• Like 3