Our True Level Under Röhl

9 off playoffs and 8 off relegation looks about right.

I know that whether you look over 10, 12 or 23 games it’s us and Plymouth that come top of the strugglers’ form table. We’ve got to believe we can carry that on for another 12 games - if we do, we’ll be ok.

Also note that no team outside the top 8 has won more games during this period. Yes we’ve lost a few but our ability to pick up 3 points on a fairly regular basis is another big plus point.

Edited by paulrs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, snaykz said:

This is how the table would look if the season had started the day Danny Röhl was appointed:

Capture.PNG.3a59eaff1ab674e57b7e14b680022342.PNG

Only outside the top half on goal difference.

That's not taking into account that he wouldn't have had his own players or a full pre season  had he been appointed instead of Xisco then we would be comfortably top half of the table.

I hope we stay up. I really do.

But I still think even if he stays for next season and we stop up, mid-table would still be a stretch.

Other teams are in stronger positions to recruit better, and there is still a financial gap between them and us before that.

Hopefully our expectations are tempered come next August.

We weren't just unfortunate with results under Xisco, we were playing like absolute chumps. The performances were so bad that people on here were posting that they genuinely couldn't see us winning all season. We barely even touched the ball in those first 10 games.

The reason Röhl was taken to by the fans so quickly (despite a very slow start in terms of results) was because we actually looked like winning games again, even if we were still falling short due to tiredness or a lack of confidence.

If we look at how we're doing since the international break in November, when Röhl had his first real opportunity to work with the players, things look even rosier:

Screenshot2024-02-24at23_41_45.thumb.png.e5cf8eb5e66e1f0dcd9086ac5907a6f8.png

Edited by Dan™
  • Like 1