PPG Tracker 15 Games to Go!

58 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

When engaging in these exercises, why do people often treat draws like they don't exist? Despite that lazy and baseless cliché that 'draws kill you', the difference between us and Huddersfield right now is that they have drawn 8 more (lost 8 fewer) games than we have.

To be truthful honest i just look at how many points have kept team up over the last 6 seasons, i looked st our goal difference which is a lot worse than any team above us and said we need 21 points to get to 47 points which has should keep us up.

Whether that comes from 7 wins and 7 losses, or 6 wins, 3 draws, 5 losses, or 5 wins, 6 draws and 3 losses, or 4 wins, 9 draws and 1 loss. I dont really care as long at the end of it we get another 21 points.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

As you say the next 4 games are huge and will dictate if we have any chance of staying up. 

Millwall and Rotherham are 22nd and 23rd in the home form table and Plymouth are 22nd in the away form table. 

If we can't beat the teams around us then we definitely don't deserve to stay up. 

As Elvia once said, it’s now or never.

I hadn’t spotted Plymouth’s dire away form.

Screenshot_20240217-170910.png.535b25efb59fe412bf732e54c81ff094.png

After 2 games the projection is currently still relegation due to QPR (unless those not included get dragged in).  

The outlook will be clearer after 5 or so games but certainly not a bad start to the 15 game run in. A loss to league leaders, but crucially beating a relegation rival.

Birmingham motoring away.

In light of @duncanidaho comment about including some of the teams higher up the table I've made a revision to include those teams higher up and as things stand after 2/15 games the picture actually looks a lot better. 

Screenshot_20240219-091935.png.b5a7f5116c441b1c45be516a8dccc290.png

If form were to continue exactly the same as the 2/15 games so far (extremely unlikely) we would finish above Cardiff, Plymouth, Blackburn, Swansea and Millwall. 

It should be noted that Brum, Plymouth, Cardiff & Blackburn all have a game in hand. Therefore depending on the outcome of those games the target PPG will be adjusted accordingly. 

3 of those games in hand will be played tomorrow. Of which 2 teams are playing each other.

As I said in my last post. It's a promising start but a mighty long way to go. And yes I know we just need to win games but the purpose of this will show after each game week whether we are on target to survive, or not. As it stands we would survive but we need more data (aka wins for us and losses for our rivals to solidify the projection)

• Like 2

Screenshot_20240224-185826.png.ca3795139e76c21a4324a8ab16972be4.png

Game week 3/15 update.

Not a great week in that almost all teams won. But we kept up, the most important part. Keep winning the winnable games and we stay up. Simple as that. 

Credit to @duncanidaho for the updated table. Now showing PPG an estimated points IF PPG continues exactly the same (unlikely) but should make things make more sense as to how I am looking at the situation 

The current projection is to finish above 4 teams currently above us so, as it stands looking good for survival. Obviously with every win the possibility of surviving becomes more realistic.

UTO

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Warringtonowl said:

Game week 3/15 update.

Not a great week in that almost all teams won. But we kept up, the most important part. Keep winning the winnable games and we stay up. Simple as that. 

Credit to @duncanidaho for the updated table. Now showing PPG an estimated points IF PPG continues exactly the same (unlikely) but should make things make more sense as to how I am looking at the situation 

The current projection is to finish above 4 teams currently above us so, as it stands looking good for survival. Obviously with every win the possibility of surviving becomes more realistic.

UTO

Ignore table. Need to look at points totals as not quite right Vs table. Don't think it's negative affect as most teams have less points than my table says. 

2 hours ago, Warringtonowl said:

Game week 3/15 update.

UTO

You reckon Birmingham will go 12 games without dropping a point?

13 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

You reckon Birmingham will go 12 games without dropping a point?

Obviously not... You'll note I put "(unlikely)" that PPG will remain the same. 

But, considering the context and the point of the thread, their current projection would see them do so as they have won 3 from 3 giving them a PPG of 3 and if they carry on with a PPG of 3 then they will. 

As teams win and lose their PPG will adjust as will their estimated points. That's the point of the thread to give a projection on where we are at V our rivals

34 minutes ago, Warringtonowl said:

Obviously not... You'll note I put "(unlikely)" that PPG will remain the same. 

But, considering the context and the point of the thread, their current projection would see them do so as they have won 3 from 3 giving them a PPG of 3 and if they carry on with a PPG of 3 then they will. 

As teams win and lose their PPG will adjust as will their estimated points. That's the point of the thread to give a projection on where we are at V our rivals

Birmingham lost today though??

• Like 1

Screenshot_20240302-184143.png.b4f3fa9db939a3e344e35b9811af085b.png

Game 4/15. 

Although many teams directly around us got something our win means we continue our survival projection. At this rate I might have to go and get a few others from the bottom half as the bottom 4 teams (excl. Rov'rum) seems to be the form teams and they seem to get dragged ever closer. 

13 hours ago, Warringtonowl said:

Screenshot_20240302-184143.png.b4f3fa9db939a3e344e35b9811af085b.png

Game 4/15. 

Although many teams directly around us got something our win means we continue our survival projection. At this rate I might have to go and get a few others from the bottom half as the bottom 4 teams (excl. Rov'rum) seems to be the form teams and they seem to get dragged ever closer. 

The way the bottom teams are picking up points is crazy. I can’t imagine the projected points for all the teams will remain so high, it would need an unprecedented exceptional season for this to happen. 
a bit like a team in the 3rd tier winning 96 points and not getting automatic promotion…

this table will hopefully start to look more real in 3 or 4 more fixtures to smooth out the average PPG. 

it is basically a handicap mini league or like the old krypton factor where contestants get a head start based on previous performance and another way to assess our survival chances rather than just look at the points on the board. 

• Like 1

On 03/03/2024 at 08:25, duncanidaho said:

The way the bottom teams are picking up points is crazy. I can’t imagine the projected points for all the teams will remain so high, it would need an unprecedented exceptional season for this to happen. 
a bit like a team in the 3rd tier winning 96 points and not getting automatic promotion…

this table will hopefully start to look more real in 3 or 4 more fixtures to smooth out the average PPG. 

it is basically a handicap mini league or like the old krypton factor where contestants get a head start based on previous performance and another way to assess our survival chances rather than just look at the points on the board. 

Yes. Agreed. I hadn't expected us to be averaging over 2 PTS per game and I'd be surprised if by a week on Saturday that were to be the same. Nor QPR who are going well. 

As with averages, the more data the more true the average will be and most importantly less volatile. So we hole that those struggling continue to struggle and we keep winning, starting tomorrow. 

It's unfortunate for us but the prospect of relegation for the teams above as certainly woken them all up 

i didn't expect to see southampton, coventry leicester's form suddenly collapse after beating us sod's law I suppose

logically I'd say it's almost impossible for all the bottom 8 teams (excl rotherham) to keep picking pts up at these levels, there will be at least 2 falter hopefully not us

one thing last year taught us is it's never over til it's over   

• Love 1