PPG Tracker 15 Games to Go!

6 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

We could win all those 7 and I don't think it will be enough to keep us up.

It would almost guarantee it. 47 points would easily keep you up in this season's league I reckon. 

We will never find out though as I doubt we will win all 7 of those games. 

49 minutes ago, Geörge Whitebread said:

Looking at our next 4 fixtures, I don't think that's unlikely at all.

We're cr@p away. At home Bristol City are in form with 1 defeat (Leeds) in their last 7. Plymouth only 1 defeat in their last 9 and scored at least one goal in each of their last 13 games, scoring 25 goals in them.

Also we will be missing Bazza for 2 of those games if he gets another yellow card. If he gets on on Saturday he will miss Bristol C. (H) and Rotherham (A).

59 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

We're cr@p away. At home Bristol City are in form with 1 defeat (Leeds) in their last 7. Plymouth only 1 defeat in their last 9 and scored at least one goal in each of their last 13 games, scoring 25 goals in them.

Also we will be missing Bazza for 2 of those games if he gets another yellow card. If he gets on on Saturday he will miss Bristol C. (H) and Rotherham (A).

Would you be up for a charity bet?

For each of the possible points earned..

12 - you pay £25 to Cavendish Cancer Care

10 - you pay £20 to CCC

9 - £15

8 - £10

7 - £5

6 - I pay £5 to a charity of your choice

5 - I pay £10

4 - £15

3 - £20

2 - £25

1 - £30

0 - £50

4 hours ago, Warringtonowl said:

It would almost guarantee it. 47 points would easily keep you up in this season's league I reckon. 

We will never find out though as I doubt we will win all 7 of those games. 

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

That’s encouraging. What makes you say that?

Ignore my question.

I hadn’t seen your earlier posts which explain your excellent logic. Thanks

7 hours ago, Bulldog said:

In essence we need to win more games in the last 14 than we have in the first 32

Even taking Munoz and the first 11 games out of the equation we have gathered 23 points from the last 21 games, 1.1PPG

Keep that form up and we finish on 42 points which is about where we'll be IMO.

In my opinion, ignore Danny’s early games. He inherited a shadow of a football team from Xisco.

I count only from the home draw v Leicester to measure our team.

5 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Going to need 6 wins from 14 I think to stop up . 

6-3-5 - something like that. 

possible but difficult .

playing likes of Millwall qpr Plymouth Swansea stoke Rotherham . 

the likes of Blackburn / Boro aren’t great sides 

Exactly this.

Millwall A

Rotherham A

QPR A

Blackburn A

Plymouth H

Bristol City H

Swansea H

Stoke H

We need to win probably 6 of those, and pick up a few draws to survive. 

Four of them are our next four games. A hugely vital run for us. 

11 hours ago, Holmowl said:

In my opinion, ignore Danny’s early games. He inherited a shadow of a football team from Xisco.

I count only from the home draw v Leicester to measure our team.

Fair enough but I still can't see us finishing with more than 42. Regardless of whether I'm any where near with that total, the very minimum we need is to win 3 more games than Millwall between now and the end of the season. If they beat us on Saturday we then need to win 4 more than them over the last 13 games.

18 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Fair enough but I still can't see us finishing with more than 42. Regardless of whether I'm any where near with that total, the very minimum we need is to win 3 more games than Millwall between now and the end of the season. If they beat us on Saturday we then need to win 4 more than them over the last 13 games.

It's an interesting run in with very similar fixture lists. Others may yet get dragged into the mix as well. 

Have to play every game like a cup final but no one result is definitive. There's some twists and turns and trepidation for many teams ahead

19 hours ago, room0035 said:

We need 7 wins in the next 14, 47 points would have kept you up in 5 of the last 6 seasons.

though we have 7 wins and 5 draws from 32 games so far so is a massive ask.

When engaging in these exercises, why do people often treat draws like they don't exist? Despite that lazy and baseless cliché that 'draws kill you', the difference between us and Huddersfield right now is that they have drawn 8 more (lost 8 fewer) games than we have.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

When engaging in these exercises, why do people often treat draws like they don't exist? Despite that lazy and baseless cliché that 'draws kill you', the difference between us and Huddersfield right now is that they have drawn 8 more (lost 8 fewer) games than we have.

And 8 points the difference 👍 

I think from where we are we do need wins. But you are completely right, when we are all said and done, a draw might be what saves us. (Wishful thinking)

11 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Exactly this.

Millwall A

Rotherham A

QPR A

Blackburn A

Plymouth H

Bristol City H

Swansea H

Stoke H

We need to win probably 6 of those, and pick up a few draws to survive. 

Four of them are our next four games. A hugely vital run for us. 

As you say the next 4 games are huge and will dictate if we have any chance of staying up. 

Millwall and Rotherham are 22nd and 23rd in the home form table and Plymouth are 22nd in the away form table. 

If we can't beat the teams around us then we definitely don't deserve to stay up. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Exactly....when you're at the bottom, every point is vital.

The biggest disappointment is away games, where we haven't picked up a single draw under Danny.

We've been competitive in so few away games.  Losing 9 out of 11, with just 2 wins.

A few draws, including at Huddersfield would have made all the difference.  Now we're going to have to win a few more away.