Dele-Bashiru

When we look at other clubs that nouture their talent. Improve it. Sell on for profit we always say why not us! Why can't we find this talent? 

Well I do think we can and have. But... we have nowhere near the proper environment to nouture talent. This is driven from the ownership downards. They have no idea how to handle such assets. 

So... decent players probably will slip through our grasp. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

When we look at other clubs that nouture their talent. Improve it. Sell on for profit we always say why not us! Why can't we find this talent? 

Well I do think we can and have. But... we have nowhere near the proper environment to nouture talent. This is driven from the ownership downards. They have no idea how to handle such assets. 

So... decent players probably will slip through our grasp. 

Dele-Bashiru undoubtedly improved during his time with us, particularly once he was working under Moore in League One.

But he wanted out.

The environment simply hasn't been right at our club in order to retain and sell on young players for a profit for as long as I can remember.

Hopefully we're starting to see that change with Cadamarteri committing to a long term contract, although Bernard doesn't seem to be as willing.

• Like 1

To be fair Dele Bashiru was given first team football here and couldn’t be bothered after a few bright displays. His agent didn’t want him to come here under potential points issue and L1 so I think it was always the plan to move him on. 

Even under European compensation we and city might get some modest sell on if he moves just not as much as if it was domestic

• Like 2

On 30/01/2024 at 20:07, the_vinyl_frontier said:

I think he would shine in this current, more attacking squad with the younger fast lads. It was the right time for him to move on in the summer, but another one we nearly ruined 

Bit harsh on the club IMO. FDB was given first team chances, he just looked half-arsed last season and that's on him. We helped him to develop his game during his time here and that's why he's at a decent club now and with decent clubs interested in paying money for him.

• Like 1