What would we be happy with price wise ??

So after the fans forum the other day it’s clear that doesn’t matter what we say Chansiri will be charging sky high prices for the foreseeable.

Got me to wondering that as a fan base what would be acceptable price wise to us? I have focused on the area’s below to just seen how far apart we are as a fan base for what we expect and then we can see how far we are from Chansiri:

Season Ticket Prices:

Renewal: Kop - North - South

New: Kop - North - South

Phases: Keep or Get Rid

Membership Price:

Price: 
Having Membership: Keep or Get Rid

Pay on the Gate Prices:

Category A Kop - North - South

Category B Kop - North - South

Category C Kop - North - South

Categories: Keep or Get Rid

Shirt Price:

Adult - 

Junior - 

Infant - 

Length of Kit: New Kit Every Year/New Kit Every Two Years (home and away alternates)

Kiosk Prices:

Program - 

Pie - 

Pint - 

Season Ticket Prices:

Renewal: Kop - £350 North - £370 South - £390

New: Kop - £395 North - £425 South - £455

Phases: Get Rid (renewals for a month then

just on sale)

Membership Price:

Price: £30
Having Membership: Get Rid

Pay on the Gate Prices:

Category A Kop - £25 North - £27 South - £29

Category B Kop - £22  North - £24 South - £26

Category C Kop - £19 North - £23 South -£26

Categories: Get Rid (one pay on the day price for all)

Shirt Price:

Adult - £50

Junior - £25 (£35 full Kit)

Infant - £25 full Kit

Length of Kit: New Kit Every Two Years (home and away alternates)

Kiosk Prices:

Program - £3 (should never change)

Pie - £3

Pint - £3.50 - offer 4 pints for 12 quid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Season Ticket Prices:

just on sale)

Membership Price:

Pay on the Gate Prices:

Shirt Price:

Adult - £50

Infant - £25 full Kit

Kiosk Prices:

Pie - £3

No matter how many times things like this get posted - its a fools errand. Where else on earth are prices chosen by the customer. Get a life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Nero said:

No matter how many times things like this get posted - its a fools errand. Where else on earth are prices chosen by the customer. Get a life.

There not. It’s a gage as it’s been a massive talking point over the last few weeks. Sorry I thought this was a forum ?

Chansiri will charge over the odds we know that, it’s all about what people see as fair 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Season tickets should be priced at just under £20 a match, that's good value i feel. POTG - £25 - so for me the early bird price is about right, it's the stupid hikes and phases that ruin it. 

No phases, no categories of games, no different pricing depending on where you sit in the ground, we all watch the same game sat on the same plastic seats. 

Just straight up focus on getting people in the ground and making the match day experience as enjoyable as possible, no matter the result. This is where we are failing as a club. By focusing on just season tickets and matchday ticket prices, they're leaving so much money on the table. It's too easy a decision for people to not come anymore. 

Program - should only ever be £3, because of THE guy. Kiosk prices just need to be fair, do away with ripping off a captive audience with bags of sweets for £3 that you can buy for a 3rd of the price outside the ground. 

Our owner can't afford to do these things though. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Personally I don’t get the phases , we’re working in a niche market solely to attract Wednesdayites , why punish fans who can’t afford tickets straight after Christmas or them that  prefer to wait to see what division where in ?? Are other fans that buy early bird in January really that bothered if someone pays the same in July ? Renewals obviously take precedent but price wise I just don’t get it. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

Literally every business. 

14 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Season Ticket Prices:

just on sale)

Membership Price:

Pay on the Gate Prices:

Shirt Price:

Adult - £50

Infant - £25 full Kit

Kiosk Prices:

Pie - £3

£3.50 for a pint, even Wetherspoons can go that low, I think you are expecting a lot with thise prices, unless floating between Championship and League 1 is your ambition for Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

£3.50 for a pint, even Wetherspoons can go that low, I think you are expecting a lot with thise prices, unless floating between Championship and League 1 is your ambition for Wednesday.

Will every other team in the division (all of which pay less) float between the 2 divisions as well then?

Just now, royalowlisback said:

Will every other team in the division (all of which pay less) float between the 2 divisions as well then?

Which teams pay less than what the OP has put up, £3.50 won’t get you a sniff of an empty glass in London. I paid £4 for a decent pint of guiness last season and it is cheaper than the city centre pubs. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Owling Wolfe said:

Which teams pay less than what the OP has put up, £3.50 won’t get you a sniff of an empty glass in London. I paid £4 for a decent pint of guiness last season and it is cheaper than the city centre pubs. 

Not on about the pints - on about the admission charges.

23 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Season Ticket Prices:

just on sale)

Membership Price:

Pay on the Gate Prices:

Shirt Price:

Adult - £50

Infant - £25 full Kit

Kiosk Prices:

Pie - £3

All of these seem quite low to me. I wouldn't expect to go to a game for less than £25 anywhere in the ground. Don't see a big issue with the price of the kit and most pubs round me charge over a fiver for a pint so £3.50 is very cheap.

Saying that I don't have kids so don't have to multiply up any of those by a factor.

3 minutes ago, paulmat said:

All of these seem quite low to me. I wouldn't expect to go to a game for less than £25 anywhere in the ground. Don't see a big issue with the price of the kit and most pubs round me charge over a fiver for a pint so £3.50 is very cheap.

Saying that I don't have kids so don't have to multiply up any of those by a factor.

Where do you live?

• Like 1

Just now, Avon barksdale said:

Personally I don’t get the phases , we’re working in a niche market solely to attract Wednesdayites , why punish fans who can’t afford tickets straight after Christmas or them that  prefer to wait to see what division where in ?? Are other fans that buy early bird in January really that bothered if someone pays the same in July ? Renewals obviously take precedent but price wise I just don’t get it. 

i get an early bird and it wouldnt bother me if someone buying in july got the same price but then i wouldnt buy the early bird and just buy in july ......

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Season tickets should be priced at just under £20 a match, that's good value i feel. POTG - £25 - so for me the early bird price is about right, it's the stupid hikes and phases that ruin it. 

No phases, no categories of games, no different pricing depending on where you sit in the ground, we all watch the same game sat on the same plastic seats. 

Just straight up focus on getting people in the ground and making the match day experience as enjoyable as possible, no matter the result. This is where we are failing as a club. By focusing on just season tickets and matchday ticket prices, they're leaving so much money on the table. It's too easy a decision for people to not come anymore. 

Program - should only ever be £3, because of THE guy. Kiosk prices just need to be fair, do away with ripping off a captive audience with bags of sweets for £3 that you can buy for a 3rd of the price outside the ground. 

Our owner can't afford to do these things though. 

Agree.  The problem really is the volume of phases and the escalation of prices.  The differential is too vast.  Simply, the early birds are being subsidised by the POTG and latecomers.  Early birds should get an advantage for sure.  Just not as much.

So lets say we have 16k season ticket holders paying an average of £400 a season ticket = £17.39 per match.  Revenue from this is £6.4m if we ignore vat for now.

Then 1k of late comer season tickets at £600 a season = £26.09 per match. Revenue £0.6m

Then if we have say 8k average floating POTG who dip in and out of matches due to practical issues getting to games (fair enough!) @ £40 per game = £920 for a 23 game season = £7.36m

Total match revenue £14.36m ignoring vat and cup games etc

So the 8k are providing more revenue than the 16k lol.  The club will be hooked on those prices like a drug.   For one to go down (POTG) the other (early bird) must go up to compensate.  Simple economics and budgets.  Are away fans charged at the POTG rates? In which case, are the club trying to get away fans to fund us rather than ourselves?  And then up to ourselves to buy the early bird?  I really don't think the club want to sell 30k season tickets at £400.  Total revenue £12m less than the £14m above from 25k.

This is very much like savvy people who are on cheaper fixed rate energy deals being subsidised by poor people who may be less savvy on electric prepayment meters who are paying double the rate for their electricity.

• Like 1