What would we be happy with price wise ??

I don’t like all the phases and categories but as a very general rule I’m loathe to pay above £40 even for the best seats for the biggest game.

If it was £40 to POTG in the south to watch, say, Leeds and every other price was calibrated based on that, I could cope.

Further to my previous message in this thread I would propose something like this to achieve a similar total revenue income;

16k early birds at £500 a season ticket = £8m = £21.74 a game

1k latecomers at £525 a season ticket = £0.525m - £22.83 a game

8k avge POTG at £32 / game = £5.888m

Total revenue = £14.413m

You can have some category prices for POTG (maybe limit to 3 categories) and some season ticket price diffs for seating in different areas of course.  And I get that 16k early birds might reduce to say 15k.  But people would then likely become a latecomer or a POTG.  I would think our average would hold up.  Our revenue would hold up.  And we wouldn't have so much animosity around prices.  And our prices wouldn't look so silly.  The POTG being reduced might even attract more floating fans and new fans.  But to do that the early birds needs to give up some of their current comfortable position.  Would early birds be prepared to pay more to help get new fans is the question that needs asking?  Or do they want POTG to keep subsidising early bird prices?

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Season Ticket Prices:

Renewal: Kop - £300 North £350- South £400

New: Kop - £350 North - £400 South- £450

Phases: Get Rid

Membership Price:

Price:  £30
Having Membership: Keep 

Pay on the Gate Prices:

Category A Kop - £20 North - £25 £South £30

Categories: Get Rid

Shirt Price:

Adult - £50

Junior - £30

Infant - £20

Length of Kit: New Kit Every Year

Kiosk Prices:

Program - £3

Pie - £4

Pint - £4

• Like 2

The pricing structure is too complicated.

I’d have it very simple:-

Kop:- £400

Everywhere Else:- £550

Kids:- £100 everywhere in ground

Matchday:- 

Kop £25

Everywhere Else £34

Kids £10 everywhere in ground

Ive never understood discounts for OAP’s when usually they have more disposable income.

Ive never understood discounts for existing customers when the aim is to get new customers.

I don’t understand the need for loads of categories.

Clear, transparent and realistic pricing.

Everybody knows where they stand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Season Ticket Prices:

Renewal: Kop - £350 North - £370 South - £390

New: Kop - £395 North - £425 South - £455

Phases: Get Rid (renewals for a month then

just on sale)

Membership Price:

Price: £30
Having Membership: Get Rid

Pay on the Gate Prices:

Category A Kop - £25 North - £27 South - £29

Category B Kop - £22  North - £24 South - £26

Category C Kop - £19 North - £23 South -£26

Categories: Get Rid (one pay on the day price for all)

Shirt Price:

Adult - £50

Junior - £25 (£35 full Kit)

Infant - £25 full Kit

Length of Kit: New Kit Every Two Years (home and away alternates)

Kiosk Prices:

Program - £3 (should never change)

Pie - £3

Pint - £3.50 - offer 4 pints for 12 quid.

These suggestions seem to be aimed at the casual supporter, which will do nothing to help the ub meet any investment in players or ground improvements, we are governed by ffp and sustainability rules, suggestions like these do nothing  to assist, we have £10 tickets at cup matches and nobody hardly turns up

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Not on about the pints - on about the admission charges.

They are too low as well mate. £20 for a ticket, we paid more than that 15 years ago. As stated above £25 is reasonable for the Kop for POTG. I AGREE THE PRICING OF SEASON TICKETS GETS MENTAL, i’m lucky and put money in a pot every week to get the early bird tickets but they are getting earlier. And the categories are stupid, people are coming to watch Wednesday, not the oppo’s.

Edited by Owling Wolfe

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

The pricing structure is too complicated.

I’d have it very simple:-

Kop:- £400

Everywhere Else:- £550

Kids:- £100 everywhere in ground

Matchday:- 

Kop £25

Everywhere Else £34

Kids £10 everywhere in ground

Ive never understood discounts for OAP’s when usually they have more disposable income.

Ive never understood discounts for existing customers when the aim is to get new customers.

I don’t understand the need for loads of categories.

Clear, transparent and realistic pricing.

Everybody knows where they stand.

You think it's worth 9 quid more to watch in the other stands?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OneManBand said:

You think it's worth 9 quid more to watch in the other stands?

I have to admit I sit on the Kop, but when the cup games are on and it’s closed the view from the North/South is worth £9 extra, especially in the middle of the stand.

Edited by Owling Wolfe

1 hour ago, akbuk said:

These suggestions seem to be aimed at the casual supporter, which will do nothing to help the ub meet any investment in players or ground improvements, we are governed by ffp and sustainability rules, suggestions like these do nothing  to assist, we have £10 tickets at cup matches and nobody hardly turns up

Because they’re cup matches ! If we had the odd 10 pound ticket on a sat at 3 I bet people would.

These are aimed at all supporters. We have been overpaying for so long… I think it’s about time the club found other ways to combat ffp like every other club does 

34 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

They are too low as well mate. £20 for a ticket, we paid more than that 15 years ago. As stated above £25 is reasonable for the Kop for POTG. I AGREE THE PRICING OF SEASON TICKETS GETS MENTAL, i’m lucky and put money in a pot every week to get the early bird tickets but they are getting earlier. And the categories are stupid, people are coming to watch Wednesday, not the oppo’s.

My personal opinion - £25 Kop - £27 North and £28 South, get rid of categories + get rid of phases for season tickets. (or maybe 2 phases max - 1 in January - then £23 more after that until the season starts).

28 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Because they’re cup matches ! If we had the odd 10 pound ticket on a sat at 3 I bet people would.

These are aimed at all supporters. We have been overpaying for so long… I think it’s about time the club found other ways to combat ffp like every other club does 

In business you don't undercut your main event (championship) but do offer incentives at other fixtures, the days of walk up are over in the top 2 leagues

• Haha 1

I would love to have another season ticket again. I would have to factor in travel as I live over the Pennines in Saddleworth. 

I think I would be happy to pay £350 for the North. 

Also, away attendances are bound to sell out. I can rarely get a ticket. I do however want to be able to watch those sway matches on iFollow. Why make it hard for those of us who can’t make it, and who live in the UK, to pay money to watch the game?

iFollow should be max £5 per game. The quality of the offering is so poor; £10 per game is extortionate. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hypnotiseme said:

I would love to have another season ticket again. I would have to factor in travel as I live over the Pennines in Saddleworth. 

I think I would be happy to pay £350 for the North. 

Also, away attendances are bound to sell out. I can rarely get a ticket. I do however want to be able to watch those sway matches on iFollow. Why make it hard for those of us who can’t make it, and who live in the UK, to pay money to watch the game?

iFollow should be max £5 per game. The quality of the offering is so poor; £10 per game is extortionate. 

You’d be hp[y paying just over £15 a game in the North. 😂😂 dream on, we were paying that 20 years ago.

• Haha 1