National League playoffs

Two absolute barnstormers of a game this afternoon, both ending 3-2 AET with plenty of twists and turns.

Really thought Boreham Wood were going to do it until they "did a Wednesday": 2-0 up at half time until Notts County turned it round and equalised on 90+6 then scored the winner with the last kick of the game on 120. Thought it was just us who chuck away leads like that 😂.

Then Chez conceding a late, late one to ten-man Bromley on 90+9 but in the end managing to score a winner in ET.

Both teams deserved it really, the seasons they've had. Notts County on an insane three-figure points total but still didn't get automatic (and there's us thinking we've been hard done to not getting the autos on 96).

If there's any real justice Notts County will win the play-off final, but heart over head time and I want Chez to win it. Got to admit I've got a soft spot for them even though they're supposed to be local rivals. Only down the road from me and I've been to a few of their games with a mate of mine who's a big Chez fan. Seen us play a few times there as well over the years.

• Like 3

King's Lynn also lost, battered at home by a team that finished 24 points behind them! 

Would've been a travesty really if Notts County had lost at home to the team who were 35 points behind them, but that's football and the lottery of the playoffs. 

• Like 1

I was at Meadow Lane last season when they conceded in the 90th minute against Grimsby and then again in the 120th and getting knocked out. They scored a penalty that night too.

Its amazing how a year later they’ve done the exact opposite.

The Radio Nottingham commentary was brilliant too. Unashamedly biased in their support of the local club. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, g-owls said:

I was at Meadow Lane last season when they conceded in the 90th minute against Grimsby and then again in the 120th and getting knocked out. They scored a penalty that night too.

Its amazing how a year later they’ve done the exact opposite.

The Radio Nottingham commentary was brilliant too. Unashamedly biased in their support of the local club. 

Very impartial 

Chesterfield are ripping their own supporters off, charging £59 on official supporters buses to Wembley, Notts County are only charging £30.

All match tickets purchased for final are print at home tickets. 

If this is case if we get to final there's going to be some reight moaning on here with a lot of people saying they don't own a printer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

Chesterfield are ripping their own supporters off, charging £59 on official supporters buses to Wembley, Notts County are only charging £30.

All match tickets purchased for final are print at home tickets. 

If this is case if we get to final there's going to be some reight moaning on here with a lot of people saying they don't own a printer. 

That is poor though. You'd think people would be able to have digital tickets with it being at Wembley. The turnaround between the semi and finals this year seems shorter so I can see why clubs wouldn't post them out.

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

I swear Notts County didn’t have that many fans when they were in League 1 

Whats going on with the National League this season lol has it suddenly blown up due to the Wrexham thing? 

Just watched the highlights from both Notts County and Chesterfield and the stadiums were packed out. Some clubs in league one couldn't get support like that for play off games.

24 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

I didn’t used to mind Chesterfield, until I bumped into someone from school who told me constantly how much he and the rest of chesterfield fans hate “Wendy”

They hate Mansfield more though. That rivalry's on a similar level to ours with the Pigs. I might be wrong but I don't think too many Wednesday fans are that bothered about Chez one way or the other because they've always been a much smaller club.

4 minutes ago, ThruThinAndThinner said:

They hate Mansfield more though. That rivalry's on a similar level to ours with the Pigs. I might be wrong but I don't think too many Wednesday fans are that bothered about Chez one way or the other because they've always been a much smaller club.

I quite want them to well now a certain ex Wednesday chairman has left 

40 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

I didn’t used to mind Chesterfield, until I bumped into someone from school who told me constantly how much he and the rest of chesterfield fans hate “Wendy”

So, 5-0 County would be nice.

Chesterfield, Rotherham, Barnsley fans make me laugh with their cute little one way hatred and desperate attempts at forming a "rivalry". I barely even notice their existence unless we're playing them,  it'd be funny if it wasn't so, what's the word, oh yeah - pathetic. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Chesterfield, Rotherham, Barnsley fans make me laugh with their cute little one way hatred and desperate attempts at forming a "rivalry". I barely even notice their existence unless we're playing them,  it'd be funny if it wasn't so, what's the word, oh yeah - pathetic. 

Barnsley and Rotherham like to think we have a rivalry but yeah, without playing them you forget about their existence.

Chesterfield was just baffling though I’d imagine they fall into Barnsley and Rotherham with more wednesday fans in their town