National League playoffs

2 minutes ago, ThruThinAndThinner said:

I know a couple of Chesterfield fans but no Doncaster. My line manager is a Dingle and a bit of an @rse.

Also it's very rare you get them phoning up football heaven and the ones that do seem alright to be fair. Barnsley and Rotherham fans on the other hand....

50 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Also it's very rare you get them phoning up football heaven and the ones that do seem alright to be fair. Barnsley and Rotherham fans on the other hand....

Yeah I've noticed that myself. Mind you Donny fans have got a lot to put up with, even more than us 😄. Pigs fans phoning in are usually t0ssers as well (with a few exceptions).

Edited by ThruThinAndThinner

15 minutes ago, bradowl said:

BT Sports are showing National North and South play offs live, semi finals and final. 

I find non-league a refreshing change from a constant TV diet of Premiership primadonnas.

I also find the term "non-league" a bit silly. They are leagues after all. I think something like "amateur league" would make more sense. Why do we always say "non-league"?!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ThruThinAndThinner said:

I find non-league a refreshing change from a constant TV diet of Premiership primadonnas.

I also find the term "non-league" a bit silly. They are leagues after all. I think something like "amateur league" would make more sense. Why do we always say "non-league"?!

Because they’re not part of the Football League.  Technically PL teams are non-league.

• Like 1

Years ago National league formally called Conference was mostly part time football which why I think it was called non league.  Majority of clubs are full time now, North and South leagues will be mostly part time I should think. 

Attendances have increased a lot over years, probably helped when they brought in 2 teams going up and 2 coming down from league 2.