That lot.

5 hours ago, ThruThinAndThinner said:

Bumhole Lane is buzzing tonight for sure, but I’m not so sure they have what it takes to stay up. I can see them yo-yo-ing  straight back down again next season.

Admit it, you'd love to be in their position, I would at least they've had 3 promotions since we were last in Premier league

1 hour ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Admit it, you'd love to be in their position, I would at least they've had 3 promotions since we were last in Premier league

Of course I would. We all would. What an odd thing to say! I was just making an observation that’s all. And I’d probably say the same about us. In fact I’m saying it now about us in the Championship in the unlikely event that a miracle happens and we still go up.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

To be replaced by Stevenage.

Fond memories of our only ever visit there too.

:duntmatter:

Christ that was an abject performance. Right up there with FGR this season except arguably even worse because of the scoreline. They did the double over us that season as well, won 1-0 at our place. Which gives them a 100% record playing against us. They'll be chomping at the bit to play us again!

• Like 1

Back to 'them', they had six years at tier three fairly recently. Picked a manager with promotions on his CV at their level and either got lucky or made an incredibly good decision.

Then pocketed two lots of Premier league money which gives them the ability to make the odd mistake ( Jokanovic ) and have issues with owners without becoming a crisis. Appointing Hecky was a low risk decision and again they've progressed. Would expect them to come straight back down, but, my concern is that youngsters across the city will be dazzled by the Premier league and we lose a generation of future support. Not kids that have Wednesdayite family but those that have no particular allegiance. Anyway, f**k em, you can't buy class and style and they'll never have that.

Edited by FTBUTO1867
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Leyton Orient quite possibly if we're still in L1 next season. Got thumped 4-1 on the last visit. WTF:

We won 1-0. Reda scored.

Previous to that we lost 4-0 when Harry Kane was playing for them (he scored his first professional goal in that game).

• Like 1

Wednesday are a bigger club than “that lot” - better ground, more fans, much more history and tradition - yet we will be 2 divisions below them next season if we screw up the play offs.

It really doesn’t bear thinking about - having said that, I expect them to come straight back down again.

• Like 1

Maybe that was once true but the pigs are probably bigger nowadays, larger attendances, been in the prem 3 separate times since we were last there and whenever I go into the city centre nowadays its much more common to see a pigs shirt then a Wednesday one. Just being in the Premier League does wonders for any club just look at Brentford, its depressing where we are and what we've become. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kew Owl said:

Wednesday are a bigger club than “that lot” - better ground, more fans, much more history and tradition - yet we will be 2 divisions below them next season if we screw up the play offs.

It really doesn’t bear thinking about - having said that, I expect them to come straight back down again.

Not sure about the better ground.. hillsborough is a dump let’s be real. 

they will average over 30k though, something we’ve not done in decades

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

We won 1-0. Reda scored.

Previous to that we lost 4-0 when Harry Kane was playing for them (he scored his first professional goal in that game).

Cheers for that. Should we still be in L1 next season, Its one of those teams that i'd wouldn't like to face because we've such a poor record against them especially on their home patch ' Brisbane Road. ' Remember going down there in the 1981/82 season and we'd lost 3-0. Stevenage is another potential Banana skin should they come up. 🙄 Fingers crossed that we do the business in the play-offs and hopefully avoid them next season.

On 27/04/2023 at 14:54, Kew Owl said:

I take it you’ve not been to the Chan-Siro in (quite) a while ?!

What does “history & tradition” gain / achieve ? - Maybe we could ask Notts County ? - or Brentford ?