39 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Reasonably confident of getting a ticket for this, but hesitant to book train given chance of strikes. Has anyone else gone ahead and booked? 

I haven't booked yet but I'm a bit of a last minute Larry ,Refunds are pretty simple anyway and usually back in within a few days so if it's a decent saving you may aswell book 👍

• Thanks 1

I booked the train earlier this week, £36.30 return with railcard, which is pretty decent. If they do go on strike it'll be refunded. 

Thinking of booking Portsmouth train as well, but the rail sites still have that flagged as "we don't yet know if engineering works will affect this journey". 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I booked the train earlier this week, £36.30 return with railcard, which is pretty decent. If they do go on strike it'll be refunded. 

Thinking of booking Portsmouth train as well, but the rail sites still have that flagged as "we don't yet know if engineering works will affect this journey". 

im taking thats an advance ticket price ?  with all the uncertainty with rail, missing connections etc i choosed the super saver fair with railcard i dont like paying more but sooner get back for 8pm if can make it rather than hanging around with a later time 

18 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Yeah I’ve taken the risk with Portsmouth as very decent prices at the moment - £70 odd return including tube (no railcard) with a split ticket 

Leave Sheffield 07:30 into Pompey for 12 noon 

6 minutes ago, morganowl said:

im taking thats an advance ticket price ?  with all the uncertainty with rail, missing connections etc i choosed the super saver fair with railcard i dont like paying more but sooner get back for 8pm if can make it rather than hanging around with a later time 

Yeah. 7pm train back from St Pancras. Could probably have easily got there in time for the 6:30, or even the 6:00 with some luck but Charlton is one of those odd out of the way grounds away from the tube network that you have to get a regular train back from and change to the tube at somewhere like London Bridge, so sometimes you can get back fairly quickly but other times it can take ages. So the slightly later one gives more leeway and saves the worrying about making it on time, will still be back in Sheffield around 9pm.

5 minutes ago, hopevalleyowl said:

Yeah I’ve taken the risk with Portsmouth as very decent prices at the moment - £70 odd return including tube (no railcard) with a split ticket 

Leave Sheffield 07:30 into Pompey for 12 noon 

Think it was around £50 with railcard when I looked, and splitting didn't really make a difference, it was still just Sheff - St Pancras and Waterloo -Portsmouth/Fratton. We might go down a bit later and just have lunch in London before heading to Portsmouth. If they strike on that day it'll change to a horrible long coach trip for probably the same price. 

On 26/01/2023 at 19:26, alanharper said:

What sites that on ? Trainline?

Just FYI to anyone that cares. Trains to Charlton station from St Pancras are every half hour, at 32 and 2 mins past (to Rainham)  and from Charlton station they leave at 10 and 40 mins past past the hour, every hour, to St Pancras. Takes half an hour.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

What sites that on ? Trainline?

Booked it on the EMR site, Sheffield-St Pancras return with Two Together railcard, don't have to pay commission to Trainline.

37 minutes ago, ActonOwl said:

Just FYI to anyone that cares. Trains to Charlton station from St Pancras are every half hour, at 32 and 2 mins past (to Rainham)  and from Charlton station they leave at 10 and 40 mins past past the hour, every hour, to St Pancras. Takes half an hour.

Didn't know there were direct trains tbh!  If there's much injury time ten past is pushing it. Trains are also every 7 minutes from Charlton to London Bridge and then change to the tube,  which is what we did last season.

On 26/01/2023 at 20:49, alanharper said:

Yeah. 7pm train back from St Pancras. Could probably have easily got there in time for the 6:30, or even the 6:00 with some luck but Charlton is one of those odd out of the way grounds away from the tube network that you have to get a regular train back from and change to the tube at somewhere like London Bridge, so sometimes you can get back fairly quickly but other times it can take ages. So the slightly later one gives more leeway and saves the worrying about making it on time, will still be back in Sheffield around 9pm.

bloody hell is it really only 2 hours from london to sheffield .......

8 hours ago, Georgiewhitesaunders said:

How long you reckon this one will take to sell out. First away game weren’t it last year and made it to general sale. Good 3.5k allocation aswell. Surely will sell out quick.

i thought it was about 2800 appx . we didnt quite sell out . but it did go on sale quite late