Womens Euros

31 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Of course I hope England beat the Germans on Sunday but hopefully the comparisons with 1966 wont be done to death.

I hope we win and I will watch the game and cheer them on  but It shouldn't be compared to 1966 that was the World Cup. This is the Euros.

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I still think a few things are coming. 

One inevitably is SWFC TV where we have our own channel (other clubs will do same)

That solves every issue you’re concerned about regarding Wednesday games 

The sky sports model will die as people demand more specific things for themselves 

We are already seeing change

I hear what you’re saying but I think the changes will negate them all 

I disagree.

There are far more clubs that benefit from the Sky Sports model than there would be if it was just individual clubs.

I’d imagine every club below the prem will be better off with a TV deal than a PAYG service directly from the club. 

The deals are obscene due to the platform Sky can provide sponsors. The clubs can only offer a fraction of the viewing figures the someone like Sky can. 

I think Netflix will make a big play for the sports market shortly. They’re losing subscribers hand over fist and, this will be their attempt to claw them back.

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

I hope you win it. Would be the first time you’ve won a major tournament fairly and squarely so your lassies would deserve huge credit.

With VAR there will be no Russian linesmen to help you out with offside goals and another one that didn’t cross the line. 66 should have been a draw and everyone knows you’d have lost a shootout to Germany lol 

As amusing as the Scottish obsession with England is :

a) Had the goal been disallowed the rest of the game would have panned out differently as play wouldn't have restarted from the centre spot so who's to say we wouldn't still have won it anyway.

b) Penalty shootouts didn't exist back then, had it ended as a draw the game would have been replayed

c) With VAR, we might have had another World Cup win in 1986 for you to cry about! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, alanharper said:

As amusing as the Scottish obsession with England is :

a) Had the goal been disallowed the rest of the game would have panned out differently as play wouldn't have restarted from the centre spot so who's to say we wouldn't still have won it anyway.

b) Penalty shootouts didn't exist back then, had it ended as a draw the game would have been replayed

c) With VAR, we might have had another World Cup win in 1986 for you to cry about! 

Was tongue in cheek.

As for Obsession? We’re not the ones who sing at every single game about England. We’ve even adopted your “get battered

everywhere we go” song 🤣

A) That could have went either way.

B) Apologies it was that long ago I didn’t realise. 

C) That game in 86 would have been abandoned for the amount of red cards you would have received. 

18 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

I disagree.

There are far more clubs that benefit from the Sky Sports model than there would be if it was just individual clubs.

I’d imagine every club below the prem will be better off with a TV deal than a PAYG service directly from the club. 

The deals are obscene due to the platform Sky can provide sponsors. The clubs can only offer a fraction of the viewing figures the someone like Sky can. 

I think Netflix will make a big play for the sports market shortly. They’re losing subscribers hand over fist and, this will be their attempt to claw them back.

Thats an interesting point. My thought is that there is room for both models.

Every professional game in the country has cameras and a journalist/commentator at the ground. If you follow Nothampton or colchester but cant or dont want to  get to the game tommorrow you are a natural cutomer for some kind of online match day /  season ticket.

It wont be a fortune for small clubs but since the cameras and staff are there anyway it should be able to make a profit and at the same time keep fans connected to their club.

There is little to know benefit in sky or anybody else showing that game on a general channel live, nobody else will be interested, it belongs on  a specific stream.

On the other side of the coin the top match in the championship tommorrow is Middlesborough v West Brom which Sky are showing live tommorrow evening and lots of people including me will watch that game but would have no interest in buying a streaming service from either of those clubs

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The coach said:

The men’s game hesnt been ruined by anything..it’s so popular..sky keep bumping up the prices every year..you are doing the women’s game a big disservice by pretending it’s as good as the men’s game..if you prefer wowens football fair enough..but come on let’s have a bit of honesty

I didn't say I preferred the women's game, or that it's better (it's not) - I just detailed a number of areas the men's game could learn from.

I'm just looking forward to watching the game.

That's all really.

Don't understand the hysterical nonsense from folks who are getting wound up by women's football.

Edited by Maddogbob