Womens Euros

2 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree.

The post I agreed with detailed a few things that the men’s would benefit from:

Less time wasting.

Fewer feigning injury.

Far less cheating/diving.

Less wrestling in the penalty box from corners.

Way less dissent.

These issues have ruined the mens game and I don’t believe the EFL will sufficiently address any of these issues. 

On the football side, compare the quality of the crosses England’s women make to most mens teams. The women get it into the danger areas most times. You watch most mens games - many crosses hit the first man or are over hit. They also get more efforts on target as the power of the men often results in the shots going way over the bar (as a regular at Hillsborough, you’ll witness plenty of that).

Clearly you can’t compare the two on physical attributes, and there is many aspects of the women’s game that are inferior - e.g. goalkeepers and heading to add to some you mention - and I think it’s only the top international sides who demonstrate enough quality to watch.

The men’s game hesnt been ruined by anything..it’s so popular..sky keep bumping up the prices every year..you are doing the women’s game a big disservice by pretending it’s as good as the men’s game..if you prefer wowens football fair enough..but come on let’s have a bit of honesty

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Do you not think it will have its own channel?

Anyway the future is Individual club tv channels so problem solved

So don’t panic too much about having to watch womens football - your fears are totally unfounded 

I’m not panicking lol

I quite enjoy watching the womens game in both football and cricket, the skill levels are good.

I’d still rather watch an EFL game or a T20 blast game (but that’s my personal view) and obviously I can see the positives of promoting the womens game and getting more women/girls playing and involved in sport.

All I’m saying is the EFL could fall behind the WSL in the pecking order for broadcasters in the next few years. They’re never going to reduce the amount of premier league games or England games they show so the EFL games will be the ones to make way 

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

I’m not panicking lol

I quite enjoy watching the womens game in both football and cricket, the skill levels are good.

I’d still rather watch an EFL game or a T20 blast game (but that’s my personal view) and obviously I can see the positives of promoting the womens game and getting more women/girls playing and involved in sport.

All I’m saying is the EFL could fall behind the WSL in the pecking order for broadcasters in the next few years. They’re never going to reduce the amount of premier league games or England games they show so the EFL games will be the ones to make way 

I still think a few things are coming. 

One inevitably is SWFC TV where we have our own channel (other clubs will do same)

That solves every issue you’re concerned about regarding Wednesday games 

The sky sports model will die as people demand more specific things for themselves 

We are already seeing change

I hear what you’re saying but I think the changes will negate them all 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, The coach said:

The men’s game hesnt been ruined by anything..

I look forward to you NEVER complaining again about any aspect of the game in that case 

Cos you do it on a very regular basis 

ps please stop trying to post political politics posts 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, 4evaowl said:

They will. And it will get better at all levels. The improvement of teams in the women’s game is phenomenal in recent years.

I don't know what the quality was previously, it must have been really poor if it has improved phenomenally and only got to this level now.

I do think it will increase phenomenally going forward over the next 10 years.

Most boys/mens football is played between the ages of 6 and 35 by people playing for fun. I think that this is where ladies/girls football will end up once all the hype has died down. It isnt a bad thing. Put you boots on on a Saturday/Sunday morning and enjoy playing the wonderful game.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I look forward to you NEVER complaining again about any aspect of the game in that case 

Cos you do it on a very regular basis 

Eh? I complain when wednesday lose..it’s nowt to do with the ‘men’s game’..in your words..maybe you should ‘sit this one out’

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I still think a few things are coming. 

One inevitably is SWFC TV where we have our own channel (other clubs will do same)

That solves every issue you’re concerned about regarding Wednesday games 

The sky sports model will die as people demand more specific things for themselves 

We are already seeing change

I hear what you’re saying but I think the changes will negate them all 

Yes I guess if sky sports drop the EFL to make way for the WSL games (as they have done with county cricket) someone else will pick it up anyway.

The market for the EFL will be a lot bigger than it is for county cricket 

Just now, The coach said:

Eh? I complain when wednesday lose..it’s nowt to do with the ‘men’s game’..

I could easily pull up your posts where you whine about aspects of the game 

But I won’t 

Cos I’m in a hotel room in Bradford full of Mango Lassi and having to spend my time deleting political posts you’re trying to slam in the football section 

Help us both out and not do that mate 

It’s a waste of your time and mine 

Anyway yeah you 100% moan about aspects of the game 

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Yes I guess if sky sports drop the EFL to make way for the WSL games (as they have done with county cricket) someone else will pick it up anyway.

The market for the EFL will be a lot bigger than it is for county cricket 

Can see it going club provided individually eventually although there’s a chance Amazon or Apple or even Netflix come in the next few years 

The way tv and online programming is going it’s inevitable that providers will absolutely have to bend to the will of the viewer who will want to watch anything they want to any time they want to

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can see it going club provided individually eventually although there’s a chance Amazon or Apple or even Netflix come in the next few years 

The way tv and online programming is going it’s inevitable that providers will absolutely have to bend to the will of the viewer who will want to watch anything they want to any time they want to

Firestick 

On 27/07/2022 at 06:06, @owlstalk said:

There's gonna be lots of girls picking up a football and playing the game now, and going to watch more games live too.

The best legacy these Euros could leave though is that men finally, once and for all, just SHUT UP slating Women's football and grow up.

And to be fair I've seen there are a few less idiotic posts from blokes and that's such a great positive thing

Real shame that this didn’t last long before all the cool kids came out to play 

Owlstalk Shop

I don't know why people are worried they will be less mens football on TV if Womens games become more popular.

They is already far too much mens Football on TV. You can already watch about 10 games on a Sunday, how much more do you want to watch?

I am sure Sky will carry on showing EFL games and if less are shown they be less messing about with kick off times which is a big pet hate or mine.

Yes Sky show less County Cricket but think that's more to do with showing IPL and 100 games rather than showing more Women's games.

You also can watch all County Cricket Games free live on YouTube.

If Women's Euros makes more young girls play football can only help with the obesity problems we have in this country. 

• Like 1

I hope you win it. Would be the first time you’ve won a major tournament fairly and squarely so your lassies would deserve huge credit.

With VAR there will be no Russian linesmen to help you out with offside goals and another one that didn’t cross the line. 66 should have been a draw and everyone knows you’d have lost a shootout to Germany lol