Bad results today

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Well my point is 2011/12 we finished on 93 points.. can’t see how we can get to that from here. Can see a possibility of hitting form and averaging about 2 points per game but that takes us to 85 points.

So you’d need other teams to not do great for 85 to be enough for 2nd. Would need 3 of the current top 4 to tail off (85 will be enough to overhaul the likes of Plymouth, Oxford, Portsmouth and MK Dons).

Odds are against us 

I know they are deep down but refuse to give up on top two just yet.

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

No they didn’t. Hull went 2nd after 3 games and stayed in the automatic spots pretty much all season. 

Im not saying we can’t catch them, but both Rotherham and Wigan are slotting sides away at ease at the moment. We’ve picked up but we still aren’t as ruthless up front and vulnerable to dropping points. 

I was convinced they went on some mad run to get promoted.

Thats me told!

I'll admit Im being very optimisitc but a few beers in and have 11/12 season review on.

Going to do it!

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Technically, I think this team is better than the 2011/2012 team. We've got some very, very good fooballers for the third tier, that's not in doubt. 

What the 2011/2012 team had though was a knowhow and an ability to win ugly. 

Indeed. We ground out a lot more wins against crap sides, particularly at home. 

Just seen we drew 9 games that year. We’ve surpassed that already and it’s only December! 

Just seen we drew 9 games that year. We’ve surpassed that already and it’s only December! 

We are exceptionally good at drawing games :duntmatter:

There is still a lot of football to be played, look at Plymouth, right up there romping away, 5 bad games and they have dropped right back, good win for them today but the damage is done...  I dont think we will challenge the top 2 and frankly that was always going to be difficult given the massive clear out and building a squad on the cheap..  Getting to the playoffs and we will have done well.   It all changes with 10 games to go, the top teams so often trip up and the bottom teams seem to resurge..  Still all to play for..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quickly Kevin said:

I was convinced they went on some mad run to get promoted.

Thats me told!

I'll admit Im being very optimisitc but a few beers in and have 11/12 season review on.

Going to do it!

From the pigs game onwards that season was a joy to be a part of, even if it was only the pub league. 

Enjoy! 

• Like 1

Just now, owls maniac said:

From the pigs game onwards that season was a joy to be a part of, even if it was only the pub league. 

Enjoy! 

Probs my fav season tbh. 

Yeah, it was the pub league, but you couldn't write a better outcome as a Wednesday fan. 

1 minute ago, catdog1121 said:

There is still a lot of football to be played, look at Plymouth, right up there romping away, 5 bad games and they have dropped right back, good win for them today but the damage is done...  I dont think we will challenge the top 2 and frankly that was always going to be difficult given the massive clear out and building a squad on the cheap..  Getting to the playoffs and we will have done well.   It all changes with 10 games to go, the top teams so often trip up and the bottom teams seem to resurge..  Still all to play for..

I would like to think we will have a better second half of the season, and recent form suggests that. With Plymouth, Rotherham, Wigan and Portsmouth to come to Hillsborough it is indeed all to play for.

Draws are so baaaaaad...but people love a long unbeaten run.....they don’t seam to to realise one win and 2 defeats harvests the same pts as 3 draws.. i don’t want to sound over dramatic..but any defeat from now on is disastrous

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Probs my fav season tbh. 

Yeah, it was the pub league, but you couldn't write a better outcome as a Wednesday fan. 

Brentford away is when I knew we’d go up. We played shocking that day and still won. Just felt it was destiny. 

That said, watching the pigs game in the pub after was absolutely excruciating. 

Guest LondonOwl313
12 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

Well I just think that we should have been aiming top 2 with some of our players on paper. An international first choice keeper, Iorfa, Bannan, Luongo, Windass.. all championship players, plus quite a few others that were playing that level only last season (Gregory, Palmer, Johnson, Adeniran etc). I don’t think Rotherham or Wigan have better squads, kind of showed when we beat them both away.. it’s just that we’re really inconsistent in both boxes in particular and tactically we haven’t been good

3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Well I just think that we should have been aiming top 2 with some of our players on paper. An international first choice keeper, Iorfa, Bannan, Luongo, Windass.. all championship players, plus quite a few others that were playing that level only last season (Gregory, Palmer, Johnson, Adeniran etc). I don’t think Rotherham or Wigan have better squads, kind of showed when we beat them both away.. it’s just that we’re really inconsistent in both boxes in particular and tactically we haven’t been good

Iorfa has played a bit ( even with dip in form) but  Luongo and Windass have barely played.

If they are all back in new year could be a huge bonus.

18 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Brentford away is when I knew we’d go up. We played shocking that day and still won. Just felt it was destiny. 

That said, watching the pigs game in the pub after was absolutely excruciating. 

Sometimes you just know, don't you. 

Hasn't happened too often with us, but you get a sense when it's going to go right. 

See it with others teams too, they start building that momentum at the right time. 

17 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Think both teams have the advantage of being familiar with this league. We seem to have finally acclimatised in the last few weeks, which bodes well for the second half of the season where I expect us to pick up more wins against sides who dig in. 

Was always going to be a ten point gap to the top two once they won their games in hand,  tho I remember some laughed at me when I posted that a couple of weeks ago as apparantly that was funny to some. 

We’ve beaten the top three this season so no reason why we can’t win a playoff campaign, even tho they are a lottery as you also need luck on your side on the day 

• Like 1

This thread is full of Christmas cheer and optimism 🤣

One thing most like to do on here is be realistic in their predictions as most of the time we tend to balls things up so some can come back and make a big song and dance about how right they were.

Me, I get a lot wrong and get told about it many times even though some of those tunes I was arguably more right than wrong?

Anyway I’m going to stick my neck out and say we’ll finish in the Top 6 and get closer to the Top 2 than many think and you can all come back at me when I’m wrong 🤣🤣🤣