Bad results today

Rotherham and Wigan are going well, so fair play to them. If this was the end of March then I’d be looking solely at the play-offs but there is still plenty of football to play and I still believe the size of our squad will be our trump card in the end.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

The worst result today was that Wednesday couldn't add 3 more points,  had great momentum and now it's broken.

It gives the other teams a chance to catch up the number of games we've played and makes our true position easier to see.

We've got a lot to do to close the gap at the top and the 2 teams up there don't seem to be faltering. All we can do is win all our games and let the others take points off each other.

• Like 5

Good result with Sunderland and Oxford dropping points. I do agree that top 2 is looking increasingly unlikely- we simply aren’t as consistent and ruthless as Toytown and Wigan and probably have too much ground to make up. 

Play offs should be a minimum and I’d have taken that in August when we rebuilt the team. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Good result with Sunderland and Oxford dropping points. I do agree that top 2 is looking increasingly unlikely- we simply aren’t as consistent and ruthless as Toytown and Wigan and probably have too much ground to make up. 

Play offs should be a minimum and I’d have taken that in August when we rebuilt the team. 

Beat Toytown and Wigan away though. Yes we have dropped silly points but our performances are improving and top 2 can be done. If we keep chipping away then all we can do.

Just remember 

5 points ahead, 2 games in hand.

And we all know how that ended.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We won't catch the top 2, but we can certainly get in that top 6. 

Tbf, I would have taken that at the start of the season, given all the sh*te that was going off in and around the club. 

Might be the beer but all about 2nd half of season run.

Might stick 11/12 season review on.

Mind the Gap!

• Like 3

Guest LondonOwl313
16 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Might be the beer but all about 2nd half of season run.

Might stick 11/12 season review on.

Mind the Gap!

Apparently we’re 6 points behind where we were at this stage that season and we ended it with 11 wins and 3 draws in the last 14 games so hard to see where we’re going to pick up the extra points 

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Apparently we’re 6 points behind where we were at this stage that season and we ended it with 11 wins and 3 draws in the last 14 games so hard to see where we’re going to pick up the extra points 

We aren’t..we are now playing for a play off spot..that’s how it is

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Rivals having dips in form, us winning key games v top 6. At this stage we arent out of top two just yet. Hull came from nowhere last season but we can't afford to drop stupid points.

Draws do kill you, particularly in the EFL where you have so many games and they come thick and fast. 

If you're drawing three games in a week and the opposition and wracking up two wins and a loss then they've had the better week. 

We will see though. We are hard to beat and we don't lose too many. Just got to go on a proper winning run, six or seven wins and maybe, just maybe we can start challenging for the autos. All ifs and buts atm though. 

• Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Rivals having dips in form, us winning key games v top 6. At this stage we arent out of top two just yet. Hull came from nowhere last season but we can't afford to drop stupid points.

Well my point is 2011/12 we finished on 93 points.. can’t see how we can get to that from here. Can see a possibility of hitting form and averaging about 2 points per game but that takes us to 85 points.

So you’d need other teams to not do great for 85 to be enough for 2nd. Would need 3 of the current top 4 to tail off (85 will be enough to overhaul the likes of Plymouth, Oxford, Portsmouth and MK Dons).

Odds are against us 

Technically, I think this team is better than the 2011/2012 team. We've got some very, very good fooballers for the third tier, that's not in doubt. 

What the 2011/2012 team had though was a knowhow and an ability to win ugly. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

No they didn’t. Hull went 2nd after 3 games and stayed in the automatic spots pretty much all season. 

Im not saying we can’t catch them, but both Rotherham and Wigan are slotting sides away at ease at the moment. We’ve picked up but we still aren’t as ruthless up front and vulnerable to dropping points. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1