Well that’s £10 and 2 hours I’ll never get back

17 hours ago, sexpistol said:

Whoever has laughed at this clearly doesn’t understand football or is a blunt.

3rd in Division 3 ,we could and should be able to compete with teams at this level,the fact we havnt been able to is well debated already. If it doesn’t change we will continue to struggle and drop off even the play offs We should have been attacking and gone for a win from the off

36 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Was the side Plymouth put out yesterday they full strength first team or was it the reserves?
I don't know enough about Plymouth to know.

You can talk about number of shots but we rarely looked like scoring.

Pretty much full strength according to the Argyle fans I watched the game with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parajack said:

3rd in Division 3 ,we could and should be able to compete with teams at this level,the fact we havnt been able to is well debated already. If it doesn’t change we will continue to struggle and drop off even the play offs We should have been attacking and gone for a win from the off

We have a side full of misfits, rejects, free transfers and loanees.   

The Shef W of 2021 isnt a team of Springetts, Kays, Fanthams Waddles, Hirsts, Di Canios.

Those days are long gone.

Its going to be a long haul back.  Im not expecting playoffs with this bunch.   Just wish they could start games attacking, and defend a lead like they did against Sunderland.  

30 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

We have a side full of misfits, rejects, free transfers and loanees.   

The Shef W of 2021 isnt a team of Springetts, Kays, Fanthams Waddles, Hirsts, Di Canios.

Those days are long gone.

Its going to be a long haul back.  Im not expecting playoffs with this bunch.   Just wish they could start games attacking, and defend a lead like they did against Sunderland.  

We do not have a team full of misfits at ALL BB supposedly best midfielder in the Division,and the remainder of our team are either Championship players,or on loan from Championship or PL Clubs there wages will also reflect that and for those already under contract prior to relegation not bound by L1 wages cap Team was good enough to remain a Championship status bar an EFL sanction and despite comings and going’s is still set up to achieve if tactics were right

10 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'll be honest, I thought we played well second half but I can't remember as many as 17 shots. It seems only 4 of them were on target, I don't recall many gilt-edged ones that were fired off target so I think many of those 17 may have been classed as 'speculative'.

Some times stats like this don't tell the whole picture - your stats also show we had 14 shots when we lost 3-0 to Plymouth - only 3 less than today - but few who saw any of it will say we deserved anything better than they comprehensive defeat we got. 

That's true. The game at Home Park we were 2-0 down at half time and at half-time Plymouth had taken 9 shots and we had only 2. So it is a bit misleading when they are just letting us take pot shots from distance with a two-goal cushion. But I do think we were clearly on top in the second half and building a kind of pressure we never got anywhere close to in that 3-0 defeat. Felt like a goal was coming, we just ran out of time.

On 08/11/2021 at 09:51, longreach said:

Irrelevant

Seeing as the whole approach was to make sure we closed down higher up the pitch and if we lost the ball it was also closer to their box than ours I think it’s fairly relevant given the issues we’ve had playing out from the back 

On 07/11/2021 at 15:11, shandypants said:

Why is it sensible to be cautious in the cup against a team where, if we have to replay, we’ll have to travel the best part of 250 mile to for a midweek game where we’ll be far and away the second favourites? Plymouth have very good home form. 

On 07/11/2021 at 14:42, shandypants said:

It must have been a better watch in TV then because it wasn’t great viewing in Hillsborough. For the record, I’m normally the happiest of clappers but I honestly feel that, it’s under Moore, we are too cautious. What does a long trip down to Plymouth bring us against the form team in the league? Probably a defeat, tired players and the lost opportunity to work on something in training. Maybe we’ll make £15k from the game where a lot of that will be absorbed by costs. We should have gone for it. 

Ahem!