Well that’s £10 and 2 hours I’ll never get back

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

THIS 

Come on, absolutely NOT THIS!

Shandypants has a point here, and if you will indulge me for a moment, I will explain why.

My lad is only 9 years old, I have been greatful that he has wanted to come to Hillsborough now for a few seasons.

Today he just got fed up of watching the game.   We had a chat, which is nice, even when we were pushing on and looking like we might get something, he was "nah, not gonna happen"

It wasn't only a borefest, it was predictably so.   Which is disgraceful with the players we have at our disposal.

Their best player on the pitch today?   We gave away as a free transfer, released from his contract.

Says it all.

Our players lack desire, and that comes from management I am afraid. 

• Like 2

Just watched my local team St Albans beat Forest Green 3-2, coming back from a goal down - I’m certainly not used to seeing that!  It was far more entertaining than the dull affair at Hillsborough today.  Committed fans might regard today as a decent performance, especially in comparison with some of the absolute tripe served up this season, but how on earth are we going to attract a new generation of fans playing like that?

• Like 1

Today was the most shots a League One side has had against Plymouth since their opening day defeat at Rotherham.

Shots against Plymouth - 2021/22 season:

07/11 - Sheffield Wednesday - 17

30/10 - Ipswich Town - 8

23/10 - Morecambe - 15

19/10 - Bolton Wanderers - 14

16/10 - Oxford United - 14

09/10 - Burton Albion - 8

02/10 - Lincoln City - 10

28/09 - Crewe Alex - 10

25/09 - Doncaster Rovers - 13

21/09 - Portsmouth - 15

18/09 - AFC Wimbledon - 12

11/09 - Sheffield Wednesday - 14

28/08 - Fleetwood Town - 8

24/08 - Swansea City - 21

21/08 - Shrewsbury Town - 16

17/08 - Cambridge United - 7

14/08 - Gillingham - 5

10/08 - Peterborough Utd - 16

07/08 - Rotherham Utd - 19

• Like 3

I think if you play like that against Shrewsbury , Gillingham etc it's a poor lacklustre performance but cause it's Plymouth riding high top of the league it's decent , think that's how Wednesday fans see it.

1 hour ago, Emerson Thome said:

Today was the most shots a League One side has had against Plymouth since their opening day defeat at Rotherham.

30/10 - Ipswich Town - 8

23/10 - Morecambe - 15

28/09 - Crewe Alex - 10

21/09 - Portsmouth - 15

14/08 - Gillingham - 5

Bang on

Owlstalk Shop

Plymouth are a decent side. We were too cautious at the start but second half we had more confidence and could have won the game. With a bit of luck we would have won. 

Don't think our standard has been lowered by mediocre performances prior to today's game. 

I now starting to see what this team can do. Its still early days and taking the amount of time we all thought it would take. If after Christmas we still seeing us playing like this then it's taking too long. But for me the last few games we getting better slowly but surely. 

If you enjoyed chatting to your mates then it's your choice. But if you expect miracles Hillsborough is not the right place for you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

30/10 - Ipswich Town - 8

23/10 - Morecambe - 15

28/09 - Crewe Alex - 10

21/09 - Portsmouth - 15

14/08 - Gillingham - 5

I'll be honest, I thought we played well second half but I can't remember as many as 17 shots. It seems only 4 of them were on target, I don't recall many gilt-edged ones that were fired off target so I think many of those 17 may have been classed as 'speculative'.

Some times stats like this don't tell the whole picture - your stats also show we had 14 shots when we lost 3-0 to Plymouth - only 3 less than today - but few who saw any of it will say we deserved anything better than they comprehensive defeat we got. 

18 hours ago, shandypants said:

It’s lucky for me that I enjoyed chatting to my mates because that was back to our boring best. Can someone please tell me how Moore is taking us forward because that was too cautious again. 

Must have watched a different game to me because I thought it was a good performance, especially second half, it's the finishing that let us down. 

We played team that's top of league if you forgot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I watched the match late on as I was travelling, afterwards saw some incredible negativity on Twitter, you'd think we got absolutely spanked by a pub team, don't get it, they battered us last time around, they're 15 unbeaten and we went toe to toe with them and fairly comfortably matched them, was a decent performance IMO.

• Like 1

When I started reading the OP, I thought it was going to be about the first half, not the entire match.

First half was dour. A few panics aside, we weren’t troubled, but offered little up front.

Second half was totally different, especially after Dele and Gregory came on. It was a decent 45 minutes, only lacking a couple of goals. And for the most part, we were the better side, most likely to score.

I came away disappointed with a draw, but not in the same sense as after Lincoln or Cambridge. We are improving in many areas of the pitch. Fingers crossed for Byers and Luongo getting some minutes on Tuesday; Windass to get back soon. Time for a bit more positivity.

• Like 1