Making of Macclesfield FC

Just now, Drewswfc said:

In total agreement with the gaffer. This club just does not get a lot of the small things right. Basically it's crap in most respects

what do macclesfield and hallam get right that we dont ?.....how can we learn off them to make us as successful as they are ?

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

what do macclesfield and hallam get right that we dont ?.....how can we learn off them to make us as successful as they are ?

It is not about as "successful as they are" we all know we are more successful on the pitch. 

We aren't more successful in feeding a connection to our club. 

I would hazard a guess we aren't as successful in producing money from our respective pubs. 

I would bet my last quid, per fan, we we spend less than them. So maybe start there? 

Just now, TheGaffer said:

It is not about as "successful as they are" we all know we are more successful on the pitch. 

We aren't more successful in feeding a connection to our club. 

I would hazard a guess we aren't as successful in producing money from our respective pubs. 

I would bet my last quid, per fan, we we spend less than them. So maybe start there? 

Also to add to that. Prior to 91. Our last success was ******** 1935! We aren't successful, not in any shape or form, not for my generation

30 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Because it is asking how OUR club could be better run. We don't have a boardroom section anymore otherwise it would have sat there

I can get behind the fact our club can be better run, but using a 9th Tier Club as any kind of comparison just makes you look an idiot. A bar and gym making profit being any kind of answer to our finances? If we have a fantastic Bar and Gym that are really well run and make £100K per year profit. That is a good profit for those kind of businesses. Thats great right?!

Well, not really. If, for the sake of arguement, Barry Bannan has a basic wage of £20k per week. The wage alone (not counting signing fee, appearance bonus, goal bonus etc) we would have a yearly expenditure of £1.04m per year.

In effect, the really cool and profitable Bar and Gym has paid for about 10% of Barry Bannans yearly basic wage.

I hope this kind of perspective gives you an insight into how much of an idealastic, head in the clouds, simpleton you actually are.

Just now, Last_Great_Hope said:

I can get behind the fact our club can be better run, but using a 9th Tier Club as any kind of comparison just makes you look an idiot. A bar and gym making profit being any kind of answer to our finances? If we have a fantastic Bar and Gym that are really well run and make £100K per year profit. That is a good profit for those kind of businesses. Thats great right?!

Well, not really. If, for the sake of arguement, Barry Bannan has a basic wage of £20k per week. The wage alone (not counting signing fee, appearance bonus, goal bonus etc) we would have a yearly expenditure of £1.04m per year.

In effect, the really cool and profitable Bar and Gym has paid for about 10% of Barry Bannans yearly basic wage.

I hope this kind of perspective gives you an insight into how much of an idealastic, head in the clouds, simpleton you actually are.

You do realise even a small club such as the Hillsborough Club on our doorstep makes 10k per night on a weekend. ? Maybe small fry in the scheme but have a club / pub properly with with fans backing and thst maybe enough to pay for thst striker we need. Cthat right back. 

It really isn't about making an impact in the immediate though. It's about identifying why we aren't maximising our potential profit. 

Why people are even arguing against the club trying to make more money absolutely baffles me! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

And actually we could pay Barry Bannan with the profit! 

A good mate of mine is a Macc fan, I went to watch them win 1-0 at wythenshawe a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to watching this doc, the turnaround from the decay under the previous owner and what they’ve done with the Moss Rose is remarkable.

I don’t think 9th tier football is directly comparable but the basic lesson applies at any level of football - good things will happen at clubs with a management structure combining football knowledge, business acumen and the ability to get the whole club pulling in the same direction. We haven’t had that in decades.

The one thing I’d say is that it is one hell of an ego trip for Savage. He’s the Director of Football, which is supposed to be an “upstairs” role - when I went to Wythenshawe he was stood behind the dugouts, but at full time when they’d won he was suddenly striding onto the pitch in a Wenger-esque club-branded coat receiving the applause of the fans. Nauseating.

Almost as nauseating as Chansiri rearranging the seats to plaster his name all around the ground, picking his own squad numbers etc.

1 minute ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

A good mate of mine is a Macc fan, I went to watch them win 1-0 at wythenshawe a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to watching this doc, the turnaround from the decay under the previous owner and what they’ve done with the Moss Rose is remarkable.

I don’t think 9th tier football is directly comparable but the basic lesson applies at any level of football - good things will happen at clubs with a management structure combining football knowledge, business acumen and the ability to get the whole club pulling in the same direction. We haven’t had that in decades.

The one thing I’d say is that it is one hell of an ego trip for Savage. He’s the Director of Football, which is supposed to be an “upstairs” role - when I went to Wythenshawe he was stood behind the dugouts, but at full time when they’d won he was suddenly striding onto the pitch in a Wenger-esque club-branded coat receiving the applause of the fans. Nauseating.

Almost as nauseating as Chansiri rearranging the seats to plaster his name all around the ground, picking his own squad numbers etc.

I thought the same with savage. I was livid at the start.

Without ruining it for you, the manager has asked for him to intervene. That's for balance and watching the documentary you'll see. He's earnt the right to do what what he does. Really isn't a vanity project 

2 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

I thought the same with savage. I was livid at the start.

Without ruining it for you, the manager has asked for him to intervene. That's for balance and watching the documentary you'll see. He's earnt the right to do what what he does. Really isn't a vanity project 

Regardless. I'm not saying 100% follow  Macclesfield as I am saying 100% follow Liverpool for arguments sake. I'm saying let's look around the globe, this case, just across the pennines and look at what works

Edited by TheGaffer

1 minute ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Its come to do this.

A Wednesday fan w*nking over some tinpot 9th tier club wishing we were them.

Get a f*cking grip and take your obsession elsewhere.

Who's ********? I'm pointing out we're going backwards! 

Take your "massive club" obsession elsewhere. Come back when it can be said with credibility 

1 minute ago, TheGaffer said:

You do realise even a small club such as the Hillsborough Club on our doorstep makes 10k per night on a weekend. ? Maybe small fry in the scheme but have a club / pub properly with with fans backing and thst maybe enough to pay for thst striker we need. Cthat right back. 

It really isn't about making an impact in the immediate though. It's about identifying why we aren't maximising our potential profit. 

Why people are even arguing against the club trying to make more money absolutely baffles me! 

£10k per night profit? You are deluded.

Even if I agree to that ridiculous figure, say that a Bar makes £10k per night every Fri and Sat, thats £140k per year. If we accept Bannan is paid at least £1.04m per year, then quite frankly, the bar doesn't even contribute a fraction of our yearly wage bill on the footballing side.

You really are a idealisic ******** with no idea of what Football Finances really entails.

2 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

£10k per night profit? You are deluded.

Even if I agree to that ridiculous figure, say that a Bar makes £10k per night every Fri and Sat, thats £140k per year. If we accept Bannan is paid at least £1.04m per year, then quite frankly, the bar doesn't even contribute a fraction of our yearly wage bill on the footballing side.

You really are a idealisic ******** with no idea of what Football Finances really entails.

You realise there are more than 7 Friday and Saturday nights in a year yes? And yes they do make that

Just now, Last_Great_Hope said:

Do you have any evidence that Hillsorough Club makes £10k per weekend night? If so, share it. I'd be happy to invest in that with such a guaranteed return.

Yes I do. No I will not share on a public forum. I will not also share why I have that knowledge. 

Just now, TheGaffer said:

Yes I do. No I will not share on a public forum. I will not also share why I have that knowledge. 

Go in there though and any member, and member of staff will more than likely tell you about the earnings. It's a members club. For the members