Making of Macclesfield FC

30 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

I think having having a well run bar, could afford a player of Bannans ilk. Circa 15 to 20k per week. It may be you choose to have 2 to 3 players instead or we get promoted and it pays a third of his wage. 

If you wanna turn your noses up at that that's fine.

I also think we are missing out on other revenue streams. As highlighted in the first post. It's not a fixall   it's part of mending the whole thing. 

Think mistaking turnover for profit 

a well run bar can generate you a turnover I’d think at hillsbrough of maybe 1million a year that’s just shy of 20k per week 

A well operated bar will profit at about 7-12% 

take into account energy bills 

Cost of sales 

labour 

other paid on services 

etc…

which is 70-120k a year bannan is rumoured to be on over 25k a week it done well it doesn’t cover his wage for 5 weeks never mind his expenses, bonus, kit, etc..

not having a go I think we need to improve our revenu streams and fam experience my point was that kind of revenue is massively beneficial for Macclesfield at our level we need. Sponsorship, fans through the gates, competition success, TV rights and a successful transfer policy that generates us sales 

your much better hiring the personal to achieve this than spend it on a pub or a gym 

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Calm down and stop name calling

We don't do that on here

You can make your point by simple calm debate - no need to sling names about and call people things mate

Tin hat - On.

Flounceometer setting - zero.

GAF Shield setting - impervious.

Pretty, pretty please can we pretty please apply this to everyone associated with the club?  Owlstalk seems to amplify f***witery.

I read players described as "not footballers", the manager was recently called a t**d,  the Chairman ... where to start with the abuse he gets?  

I believe that, like me,  everybody tries their best most of time and often the world gets in the way.  I think a strong opinion based on little knowledge or short term experience is less likely to be valid.

I read the OMDT as part of my match day experience - a thousand and one thank yous - I read the other stuff because Wednesday is the only addiction I have left and the gems like "Stop eating sparklers."   

We will go nowhere as individuals or as a club if we generate a toxic environment.

Peace out.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Got to be honest I’m a bit taken aback by the hostility in this thread. 

Taken aback but crucially.. not surprised. As a fanbase, Wednesday have mastered p*ssing and moaning about every aspect of this club, while showing absolute apathy or even actively shouting down any conversation about anything improving. 

I think the main takeaway from the OP’s point is how powerful it can be when club ownership and fans pull together to do what’s best for club and supporters. About how resources can be maximised. And that scales up.. right up to our level. Accrington Stanley, Fleetwood, Morecombe etc aren’t in the same league as us by accident. These principles aren’t restricted to only being possible at step 9. 

Well said

Owlstalk Shop

10 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Got to be honest I’m a bit taken aback by the hostility in this thread. 

Taken aback but crucially.. not surprised. As a fanbase, Wednesday have mastered p*ssing and moaning about every aspect of this club, while showing absolute apathy or even actively shouting down any conversation about anything improving. 

I think the main takeaway from the OP’s point is how powerful it can be when club ownership and fans pull together to do what’s best for club and supporters. About how resources can be maximised. And that scales up.. right up to our level. Accrington Stanley, Fleetwood, Morecombe etc aren’t in the same league as us by accident. These principles aren’t restricted to only being possible at step 9. 

Good post

All the OP is trying to say is take some good points from what Macc are doing, not copy them in every way!

We are a 3rd division club for a reason. The quicker people accept that we have to continually improve things, even relatively minor things, the better as a whole we become. (That’s what we should do even if we are in the champions league and not just stand still).

• Thanks 1

On 05/11/2021 at 18:23, Drewswfc said:

In total agreement with the gaffer. This club just does not get a lot of the small things right. Basically it's crap in most respects

"but at least we get the big things right!" 

:Chansiri: