Making of Macclesfield FC

2 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

So look. I believe there is also a difference between buying a house / property and buying a business? I may be wrong on that!

Either way work it out. 10 people, at 3 quid a pint, times 10 pints. 300 quid. Times that by 300! Times it by the amount that the club could and should serve. Equals Bannans wage! 

10 people, 3 quid a pint, times 10 pints. 300 quid! Times 300!

Less:

Bar Staff Wages

Pension Contributions

VAT Payments

Commercial Rent

Business Rates

Insurance

Expenses

Stock Purchases

Etc Etc

You really do seem to be an idiot.

4 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

10 people, 3 quid a pint, times 10 pints. 300 quid! Times 300!

Less:

Bar Staff Wages

Pension Contributions

VAT Payments

Commercial Rent

Business Rates

Insurance

Expenses

Stock Purchases

Etc Etc

You really do seem to be an idiot.

I said per night. The wages staff. Minimum wage is more than covered the rest of the week. Same as the other overheads. 

Stop derailing the topic as to why we as club don't do the basics right 

Or "am Ideluded if I think un*Ted have a better squad than us"? 

Just now, Last_Great_Hope said:

Wow. Owlstalk really seems to have changed in the last two years I've not really been online.

Not really

Just a bit tiring reading people calling each other idiots and other names innit

Proper boring 

It's 2021, nearly 2022

The time for chucking names at people online and offering em a feyt at New Barrack Tavern is over.

Now it's all niceness, peace, and Extinction Rebellion

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

I said per night. The wages staff. Minimum wage is more than covered the rest of the week. Same as the other overheads. 

Also why would you rent a property you own unless you sell it to a third party? Ask Mr Chansiri I guess 

1 minute ago, TheGaffer said:

If you really have an insight into a Bar that makes £10k profit every weekend then I would genuinely want to be introduced. I will happily get the money together to invest in that small, random Hillsorough Bar as it seems that I can end all my financial troubles by doing so.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not really

Just a bit tiring reading people calling each other idiots and other names innit

Proper boring 

It's 2021, nearly 2022

The time for chucking names at people online and offering em a feyt at New Barrack Tavern is over.

Now it's all niceness, peace, and Extinction Rebellion

lol

Im not offering him a fight Neil. If he really does know of local Hillsborough Bars that make £10k PROFIT every weekend night then I really want to know of them so I can end my financial woes by investing in these Sure Thing, Cannot Lose Investent Opportunities.

Just now, Last_Great_Hope said:

Im not offering him a fight Neil. If he really does know of local Hillsborough Bars that make £10k PROFIT every weekend night then I really want to know of them so I can end my financial woes by investing in these Sure Thing, Cannot Lose Investent Opportunities.

I'd go 50/50 with you mate

We could get rich!

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Here’s how I read this thread

Read page 1: got a bit bored so skipped to page 4

Read page 4: seems like something went off here, I’m off to page 3

Read a couple of posts of page 3: realized something big kicked off on page 2

Read page 2

Read page 3

Found out from said pages that it’s all still somehow Bannan’s fault 

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

Having a top notch bar and gym that generates money all year round? Improvements to the ground for the fans experience. Addressing old cladding. All these would have an immediate and positive impact on our club tomorrow. You dismiss it because it's 9th tier. I don't even think we can class ourselves 9th tier in that case! 

How much bottom line profit do you think having a top notch gym/bar do you think it will generate and how does that significantly improve what we require at this level with our running costs 

not having a go but the revenue streams are vast 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

How much bottom line profit do you think having a top notch gym/bar do you think it will generate and how does that significantly improve what we require at this level with our running costs 

not having a go but the revenue streams are vast 

I think having having a well run bar, could afford a player of Bannans ilk. Circa 15 to 20k per week. It may be you choose to have 2 to 3 players instead or we get promoted and it pays a third of his wage. 

If you wanna turn your noses up at that that's fine.

I also think we are missing out on other revenue streams. As highlighted in the first post. It's not a fixall   it's part of mending the whole thing. 

I'm not the person running the gaff. I'm pointing out where we could do do better. It's not a whataboutery competition. It is not a "well you you don't have the funds so f*ck off" thread. 

Like I said originally. We all love this club. If we can see things can be improved, why aren't they? 

I don't think you can compare a phoenix club in the 9th tier engaging with the supporters and having a nice bar and gym to a League One club aspiring to get back into the Championship and beyond.

That isn't to say the OP doesn't made some decent points. But there's more to it than just "this club does this and we should do it as well".

Wednesday do need more to engage to fans outside of results and performances, I think 99% of people know that to be honest.

Profits and return on investment are scaleable in any business. It’s all about investing with a plan. 

Does Macc’s bar make as much raw profit as a pub in Hillsborough? Probably not. But in terms of percentage return on investment, I’ll bet Macc’s bar will end up beating The Wednesday Tap by a wide margin.

Same principle applies to signing players. Just today Macc have announced they’ve brought in a head of recruitment who’s previously worked at Man City. As a result, I’ll bet their return on investment on players as brought in will be (proportionally) a hell of a lot better than ours, we’ve spaffed an obscene amount of cash up the wall in the last half decade.

It isn’t that we need to specifically get overexcited and envious about Macclesfield, it’s that we envy any club that looks like it’s got a clear plan and the right staff to implement it, because we certainly don’t.

• Like 4