Making of Macclesfield FC

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

what works at 9th tier as no bearing at our level .......

Having a top notch bar and gym that generates money all year round? Improvements to the ground for the fans experience. Addressing old cladding. All these would have an immediate and positive impact on our club tomorrow. You dismiss it because it's 9th tier. I don't even think we can class ourselves 9th tier in that case! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheGaffer said:

Having a top notch bar and gym that generates money all year round? Improvements to the ground for the fans experience. Addressing old cladding. All these would have an immediate and positive impact on our club tomorrow. You dismiss it because it's 9th tier. I don't even think we can class ourselves 9th tier in that case! 

you cant possibly think having a top notch bar and gym will impact on the way we are  run ......macc  run on about 10 bob a week  we are lose money around a million  a month 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you cant possibly think having a top notch bar and gym will impact on the way we are  run ......macc  run on about 10 bob a week  we are lose money around a million  a month 

You ever heard the saying "look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves" 

No I'm not saying having a gym and bar generating money all year round will solve our woes. I'm saying we don't even do the f*cking basics. Something a 9th tier club do! Compare the bar they built to the Wednesday tap. Then tell me which of those two venues you'd rather have a pint. Compare the tap to 1860 hallam have built. Then tell me which of those two venues you'd rather have a pint. I'm not saying we should run our club as a 9th tier club you simpleton. I'm saying why the fizz is a 9th tier club better run! 

You'd be one of those where if I compared us with with Barcelona or Man U and how they operate to say "we don't play at that level" "we can't afford it" yada yada yada. An example being not being able to have your season ticket stored on your phone. ******** basic! 

The same cr*p excuse over and over and over for acceptance of mediocrity. Wake up or we die. It's simple. It might not be in the next year. Maybe not in the next 10. However until we start embracing the fans, embracing what makes us unique, and maximising every single penney from that. We will! We already came close once. Why are we leaving it to a man who doesn't give f*ck about us to possibly happen again.

It's alright though, we aren't the 9th tier so we don't have to do the basics 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheGaffer said:

I'm not saying we should run our club as a 9th tier club you simpleton. I'm saying why the fizz is a 9th tier club better run! 

maybe it easier to run a club at that level when your wage bill is ten bob and you can cover it with the bar takings .......macc went bust and got kicked out the league  , hallam have done feck all for 150 years so i dont think they should be the template for us to follow 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, torryowl said:

maybe it easier to run a club at that level when your wage bill is ten bob and you can cover it with the bar takings .......macc went bust and got kicked out the league  , hallam have done feck all for 150 years so i dont think they should be the template for us to follow 

I'll have you know that Hallam won the first ever cup competition, the Youdan cup, in the very year we were formed and yet we managed to overtake them. 😉

So all you guys laughing are "happy" a 9th tier club is better run, has a better understanding of its fans, has a better connection with its fans, and actually turns a profit for the level its at? 

Just checking. That's what counts as success for us these days, that we don't have to do those things? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Just pray for an owner who knows how to run a business, has financial acumen, doesn't try to hoodwink the authorities and appoints people in key positions who actually understand the game and let them get on with it. Oh yes and having  integrity would be a bonus.

100% this. 

Please, if you haven't already, watch it. 

Just now, Willie Henderson said:

Thanks for the tip off, I'll give that a watch.

But I'm not sure sorting out the cladding will get us back into the championship.

The examples I posted are symptomatic of the poor running of the club. Nothing more. 

They aren't silver bullets. 

Not one of them will aid us in gaining promotion. 

Every single one however is a sign of a poorly mismanaged club. That is all I'm trying to highlight 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Why is his thread in Matchday? How a 9th Tier club is run has literally nothing to do with us.

Because it is asking how OUR club could be better run. We don't have a boardroom section anymore otherwise it would have sat there

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheGaffer said:

The examples I posted are symptomatic of the poor running of the club. Nothing more. 

They aren't silver bullets. 

Not one of them will aid us in gaining promotion. 

Every single one however is a sign of a poorly mismanaged club. That is all I'm trying to highlight 

To add to this. If we did change these simple things. Invested in the club in a long term way. A way we can all get behind then that may generate the funds to aid out promotion push. 

We all laugh at the pigs for cladding the stain. However they have made it more appealing to the public. They have grown their attendances by 100%  in the same time we have stagnated. Are you guys happy with that? Yes some of it may be artificial. However a lot of it isn't! It's a fact. Our attendance has grown. There's has. It has a knock on effect of pushing the team on. Generating funds. Attracting sponsors etc. 

Why are we so dispassionate? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

To add to this. If we did change these simple things. Invested in the club in a long term way. A way we can all get behind then that may generate the funds to aid out promotion push. 

We all laugh at the pigs for cladding the stain. However they have made it more appealing to the public. They have grown their attendances by 100%  in the same time we have stagnated. Are you guys happy with that? Yes some of it may be artificial. However a lot of it isn't! It's a fact. Our attendance hasn't grown. There's has. It has a knock on effect of pushing the team on. Generating funds. Attracting sponsors etc. 

Why are we so dispassionate? 

Changed has to hasn't. Apologies typo