What’s with the white shorts and socks?

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

'But there are no stripes!'

'Looks like an Ipswich kit!'

'White collar!?'

etc...etc...

:duntmatter:

It was the kit they wore v Manchester United in 1968 when we beat them 5-4, it was my first ever game at Hillsborough, didn't know they played in stripes since 1066

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

It was the kit they wore v Manchester United in 1968 when we beat them 5-4, it was my first ever game at Hillsborough, didn't know they played in stripes since 1066

I'm a big fan of that late 60s / early 70s kit.

I never understood why some were losing their minds when we resurrected it for our 150th kit.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm a big fan of that late 60s / early 70s kit.

I never understood why some were losing their minds when we resurrected it for our 150th kit.

I took my replica kit with me when my parents decided to move back to Italy in 1972, I wore it a few times at school during football, got offered 20000 lira about £6, I refused, next day some barsteward broke into my locker and nicked it, it was easy to find, the fool that offered me 20000 lira was the one who nicked it, I got it back cos my dad threatened his dad, when me dad died in 2011 I put that shirt in his coffin😪

• Like 2
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

It really wasn’t.

On 20/10/2021 at 00:21, Ian said:

Of course it effects the game - in a tight situation where the ball is on the ground then all the ref sees around the ball is black socks and black shorts 

Don’t think today’s ref agrees with you 

they all appear to be wearing black shorts image.thumb.jpg.f84768bc64184c648b16bf31bd9b344d.jpg

On 30/10/2021 at 20:28, Ian said:

But not socks. Well done for ignoring half the issue

Oh right so you point in a situation where the referee can’t see who’s legs they are only one part of the leg has to change colour ha ha muppet 

you tried being clever you look plonker but I’ll ignore hand the issue ha ha 

8 hours ago, fpowl said:

Oh right so you point in a situation where the referee can’t see who’s legs they are only one part of the leg has to change colour ha ha muppet 

you tried being clever you look plonker but I’ll ignore hand the issue ha ha 

If I could speak pigeon English I’d try and draft a reply…..as I don’t I’ll leave it with you