FA cup first round

4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

The plan should be for us to play  the kids and tell them to go out and kick Plymouth all over park making their injury list longer than a monthly shopping list at Asda. lol

This is the best idea yet! Mr Moore are you paying attention!

23 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Could be Ryan Lowes first game at Hillsborough as manager. 

👀

If not, it would be an excellent opportunity for the little man with wads of cash to meet him ‘neath the south stand and offer him a sweetener….for his tea of course, your honour.

50 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Plymouth will take up the whole allocation 

Expect 3/4K travelling up. 

really? travelling upto 6hours to play us in round 1 of the cup ,we wouldnt take half that down to there place and we have a massive away support.  i predict 9000 with them fetching 900 tops if we improve on the pitch it could be a little higher. 

37 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Crap draw all around. Broadcasters must be disappointed with the draw. Not one big club drawn away from home. No idea which games will get selected but it won't be us.

i thought that too, i cant remember a worse fa cup draw . you want a minnow drawing a biggish club at home . was a woke draw lol 

44 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Crap draw all around. Broadcasters must be disappointed with the draw. Not one big club drawn away from home. No idea which games will get selected but it won't be us.

Don't know how many ties get selected for live TV for round 1 but I bet the first one is Sudbury v Colchester, purely because they're the lowest ranked team left in the competition at home to EFL opposition. 

After that, who knows. Ours is probably the "biggest" tie but they like to focus on the non-leaguers at this stage. 

17 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Don't know how many ties get selected for live TV for round 1 but I bet the first one is Sudbury v Colchester, purely because they're the lowest ranked team left in the competition at home to EFL opposition. 

After that, who knows. Ours is probably the "biggest" tie but they like to focus on the non-leaguers at this stage. 

Usually 4 or 5 each round. ITV will have the majority of games. They've taken over from BT.

9 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Usually 4 or 5 each round. ITV will have the majority of games. They've taken over from BT.

Looks like there were 4 broadcast live last year with 3 of them being on BT Sport (would ITV really show 3 live games from round 1?) Quite a few other ties were live digitally on either Iplayer or the BT equivalent.  However what must have been the biggest game, Ipswich v Portsmouth, wasn't amongst the 4 main live picks, they all involved non league teams. 

22 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Looks like there were 4 broadcast live last year with 3 of them being on BT Sport (would ITV really show 3 live games from round 1?) Quite a few other ties were live digitally on either Iplayer or the BT equivalent.  However what must have been the biggest game, Ipswich v Portsmouth, wasn't amongst the 4 main live picks, they all involved non league teams. 

I would imagine they will have that many on as they have 20 games a season and will have to spread that out across the rounds. ITV and BBC will probably have an agreement that fixtures aren't on at the same time too. There were loads of games streamed last year due to games being behind closed doors and no blackout on Saturday afternoons. Like you said the Colchester game is the only one that sticks out due to the opposition being one of the lowest ranked teams left. Other than that no idea which games will be picked. 

On 17/10/2021 at 13:19, Mickjj said:

Most likely be a tv game 

On 17/10/2021 at 13:21, Southie_Owl said:

I would say no chance, more likely to be the non league sides against league clubs 

I humbly apologise for doubting your wise post. Doffs cap and walks slowly backwards

garymegson