FA cup first round

Ideally, as someone who likes to get to add new grounds to my total, a non-league or L2 side away from home that I havent been to before, but one with a decent allocation so I'm not struggling to get a ticket.

It's been over 2 years since I last managed to add a new ground to my list (Lincoln pre-season friendly) and it was a good while before that for my previous new ground, but now I get to add Wimbledon (going in home end), Cheltenham, Accrington and potentially another in the FA Cup in the space of a few weeks.  But it'll probably be Plymouth or Gillingham.

Hampton and Richmond away would suit me, but the ground is in Hampton, not Richmond, so I’d have to take the bus.

I thought the 1st and 2nd rounds were done on a regional basis though, so the above wouldn’t happen 

Can anyone on here confirm one way or the other whether this is the case ?

7 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Hampton and Richmond away would suit me, but the ground is in Hampton, not Richmond, so I’d have to take the bus.

I thought the 1st and 2nd rounds were done on a regional basis though, so the above wouldn’t happen 

No, definitely not regionalised, we could be anywhere. I wondered if this may have been the case last year when fixtures were being played under Covid restrictions, but no - checked the FA Cup Round 1 fixtures and there were still ties like Barrow v Wimbledon and Eastbourne v Blackpool.

48 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

I used to go there when I lived in Kingston. Nice little club. Go Beevers !!

Woking away would suit me. A mate of mine is a season ticket holder there so I've been a couple of times. The away terrace along the side is a reasonable size and the away fans can create a good atmosphere (Torquay fans did a good job in a top-of-table clash when I last went).

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Don't care who we get as long as it is a home tie.

Playing away at a small club and ground with this group of players is just asking for trouble. We are not going for it in any games, we have had less possession than virtually every team we have played so far and DM, tactics seem to be nick a goal then try and hold on for the win. Instead of scoring 2, 3, 4 goals and making the win a certainty.

Its not fun to watch and sparks of us being somewhat fragile, as I mentioned in another thread in all the games we have played in the league when the other team has scored we have failed to win in 5 of 6 games and the only game we did win against Wigan we had already got 2 goals when they scored.   

The possession thing isn't really true though is it?

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

No, definitely not regionalised, we could be anywhere. I wondered if this may have been the case last year when fixtures were being played under Covid restrictions, but no - checked the FA Cup Round 1 fixtures and there were still ties like Barrow v Wimbledon and Eastbourne v Blackpool.

This.

The first and second rounds were split into northern and southern pods for decades, but that practice ended in the late 90’s.

We could play anywhere. From Hillsborough to Devon to Kent to Northumbria.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.