The Wilderless Years

Guest I Love Coffee

If the takeover was a solid bid, it would've completed by now.

Not sure who is worse for the club, the poorest Prince in the world, who has already loaned against future income, or this new guy.

You have to feel this season was by far the best chance they had of going up. Much harder next season

Guest I Love Coffee
1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Not sure I agree. Said a few pages back that it looks a weak league next season. The other failed playoff teams will do well to replicate it, Burnley are in a mess…

Maybe you are living up to your username 🙂

I think the pigs will struggle to improve on any areas of their squad.

3 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Any updates on what the situation is regarding the Hotel  because its starting to look a right mess just like a pigsty. lol

I drove down Shoreham Street today. I’ve said it before but it bears repeating: they’ve got a cheek calling Hillsborough a rust bucket! That ‘kop’ looks like some scaffolding with pink cladding.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I drove down Shoreham Street today. I’ve said it before but it bears repeating: they’ve got a cheek calling Hillsborough a rust bucket! That ‘kop’ looks like some scaffolding with pink cladding.

Yeah. 

You could make an argument that the sty looks decent enough from the inside, as they've filled in the corner and what not. 

But on the outside, it still looks like a dump. 

That stand next to the car park looks so sh*t. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

i think this is what Kevin Mcpig has in mind for the Shoreham Street End when he finally gets planning permission.

image.png.463903afe085fcc7f06da51d3b7106f8.png

10 hours ago, I Love Coffee said:

You have to feel this season was by far the best chance they had of going up. Much harder next season

We had a lot riding on United not going up this year, as far as the future of Sheffield football is concerned.

Not going up this year is only the first step, but it’s an important one and I think things could start snowballing for them quickly.

I think they’ve got another roll of the dice this year where they SHOULD still have enough to challenge automatic and are probably a shoe-in for top 6. After that? I think they could be f*cked. And f*cked in a way that makes us look relatively stable. 

6 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

We had a lot riding on United not going up this year, as far as the future of Sheffield football is concerned.

Not going up this year is only the first step, but it’s an important one and I think things could start snowballing for them quickly.

I think they’ve got another roll of the dice this year where they SHOULD still have enough to challenge automatic and are probably a shoe-in for top 6. After that? I think they could be f*cked. And f*cked in a way that makes us look relatively stable. 

Probably right. 

If they keep the majority of that side together, then you'd think they'll be challenging again next season. Be surprised if Gibbs White goes back there next season, so that will be a big blow as he really was their best player and by some distance. Perhaps someone comes in for Berge too, though I did read that United's asking price is putting clubs off. 

Championship isn't at it's strongest at the moment and they are in a decent position to exploit that imo. 

Out of the three coming down, I'd say Norwich might be best placed to go back up, but then there is a question on whether they've got another promotion in the tank. By all accounts, Burnley are a mess and it looks like Watford are cost cutting. 

Hearing that Boro might be splashing a bit of cash after getting the Derby windfall and the likely sale of Spence to a PL outfit. Outside of that, I'm not sure the division is awash with quality sides. 

Edited by SiJ

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Yeah. 

You could make an argument that the sty looks decent enough from the inside, as they've filled in the corner and what not. 

But on the outside, it still looks like a dump. 

That stand next to the car park looks so sh*t. 

Have they still got that crappy looking sword stuck to the side of the stadium that looks like it’s been nicked from a fair ground ride?

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Probably right. 

If they keep the majority of that side together, then you'd think they'll be challenging again next season. Be surprised if Gibbs White goes back there next season, so that will be a big blow as he really was their best player and by some distance. Perhaps someone comes in for Berge too, though I did read that United's asking price is putting clubs off. 

Championship isn't at it's strongest at the moment and they are in a decent position to exploit that imo. 

Out of the three coming down, I'd say Norwich might be best placed to go back up, but then there is a question on whether they've got another promotion in the tank. By all accounts, Burnley are a mess and it looks like Watford are cost cutting. 

Hearing that Boro might be splashing a bit of cash after getting the Derby windfall and the likely sale of Spence to a PL outfit. Outside of that, I'm not sure the division is awash with quality sides. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if the 3 relegated sides do exactly the same as last years did. Norwich will win the league (Fulham), Watford will go through spells of not looking all that but still finish second fairly comfortably (Bournemouth) and Burnley will struggle in spells but still end up in the mix (that lot). With the way the money is and these clubs yo-yo’ing, I’m assuming it’ll continue until it’s proven not to. 

Boro will be a problem with Wilder firmly seated now, and I’d expect West Brom to be better. Other than that.. well, I didn’t see Forest, Luton or Huddersfield being up there this year. It’s a division that doesn’t need sides “awash with quality” to cause United problems. Maybe this is the year you look at a Millwall or Bristol City to make a move.

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if the 3 relegated sides do exactly the same as last years did. Norwich will win the league (Fulham), Watford will go through spells of not looking all that but still finish second fairly comfortably (Bournemouth) and Burnley will struggle in spells but still end up in the mix (that lot). With the way the money is and these clubs yo-yo’ing, I’m assuming it’ll continue until it’s proven not to. 

Boro will be a problem with Wilder firmly seated now, and I’d expect West Brom to be better. Other than that.. well, I didn’t see Forest, Luton or Huddersfield being up there this year. It’s a division that doesn’t need sides “awash with quality” to cause United problems. Maybe this is the year you look at a Millwall or Bristol City to make a move.

I've been told off a reliable source that Hull have a decent transfer war chest to use this summer. The Turkish chap who's took them over is extremely ambitious from what's been said, I think they might make a decent push for top 6 

• Like 1