Darren Moore on losing Shaw and Urghoghide

7 minutes ago, victorturner said:

DM started 1/3/21. Not 1/7/21. He has some responsibility for quite a lot that has happened here in those four months. We have yet to see whether apart from having some strong opinions on the value of young players, he can influence things so we have some actual decisions which are better.

I hope for the sake of the football club that the manager runs the first team not the chairman, but this is DM first transfer window. Another £8-10m of wages have left and the players of the future have been either offer one year deals or one year options on existing deals.

This is not valuing youth and progression its get it for as cheap as you can. if Hagan or Galvin or Hunt or any of the other kids shine in the first 10-15 games of the season will we be tying them down to new longer deals or will we once again wait until they are in the last 6 months of deals then offer 1 year deals on youth contracts. 

Actions speak louder than idol words. Until we see change it just someone else at the club talking and nothing more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I hope for the sake of the football club that the manager runs the first team not the chairman, but this is DM first transfer window. Another £8-10m of wages have left and the players of the future have been either offer one year deals or one year options on existing deals.

This is not valuing youth and progression its get it for as cheap as you can. if Hagan or Galvin or Hunt or any of the other kids shine in the first 10-15 games of the season will we be tying them down to new longer deals or will we once again wait until they are in the last 6 months of deals then offer 1 year deals on youth contracts. 

Actions speak louder than idol words. Until we see change it just someone else at the club talking and nothing more.

IF they shine for Moore then after seeing his comments I expect that he'd be pushing to extend their deals pretty sharpish.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pieman said:

Darren Moore is a class act. Huge respect. He has dignity, integrity, professionalism and honesty in spades. It is clear why young professionals want to play for him. 

I will also say this. Shaw and Urgy would have been better footballers had they stayed here under Moore and Williams.

Absolutely no evidence to say they would be better footballers had they stayed here whatsoever. This club is a graveyard of young talent, I can’t even think of a single young player we have brought through and improved for many years now.

• Like 1

Just now, sethman75 said:

Neither are going to get any game time next season, Celtic have a new coach in Ange and he isn't gonna risk his job to blood untested youth players.

I hope the money is better because they aint gonna be playing.

We'll see
Shaw was their best player today behind Moffatt

Owlstalk Shop

Hopefully this means that the players who were offered a one year contract were only offered such a short one because Moore is not convinced by them, not because it is some sort of weird club policy to only offer one year to youth players

It’s reassuring to hear moore saying this but you wonder who’s hands it was really in? Surely Monk and Pulis could have had some influence and it was monk that brought him into the side. 

I think this is part of the problem in that no one  really knows who is handling the contract situations… You can’t just say ‘the club’. As much as Monk and pulis were disastrous here, you can’t say they aren’t capable of seeing good players when they see em, but how much can they say ‘lets pin that lad down to a contract and make sure he accepts it’