Why is Harris taking that free kick????

22 hours ago, domSWFC said:

I couldn't help but laugh when he took it. Huge game, last minute and we let Harris take a freekick in a dangerous position. It's a shame Derby lost yesterday because this team don't care, have no fight and will go down. Other teams just keep prolonging our disappointment. 

Laugh? I was screaming at the TV!!!! Lol

4 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Laugh? I was screaming at the TV!!!! Lol

I said to my missus that Harris had been so bad all game (one of the worst performances ever given his ability) that he was bound to score. I was wrong. He was so dreadful in everything he did that day it was cruel to leave him on the pitch.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, sexpistol said:

Why didn’t some pass it to Reach who was stood in a great position. No Forest player was that close to him iirc.

I was screaming at the TV! The fact that no player was even close to reach was unbelievable! 

That said if reach had missed he'd have been hung too! 

You can only assume Harris bangs them in for fun in training! 

On 02/05/2021 at 10:31, Lord Snooty said:

At least he had the balls to take it. I'll say that for him. 

Sod it.

Put Pelupessy on free kicks.

JP needs to step up to the plate. He is more than capable. 

Strange decision, that Kadeem took it, but you've got to assume no one else wanted the free kick.

Sickening really.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Harris - no end product

Indeed,  he’s basically a sprinter who is very average at football.  I expect someone like Adam Gemili or Usain Bolt would be as good if they had the same years of coaching and practice. 

If we signed a player from non league and played him as much as we have Harris I would bet their goals and assists stats would be very similar over the 2 seasons.  

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

I think BB said take it simply because Harris won the free kick in the first place.

I can't think of any other explanation, other than the angle suited a right footer.

Usually you’d be right but given a choice of a competition winner taking the free kick with his right foot, or Bannan or Reach taking it with their left foot and crossing it into the box if necessary,  it should have been an obvious choice.  

The fact players allowed Harris to take that free kick after the performance he had put in was bizarre and inexcusable

7 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Usually you’d be right but given a choice of a competition winner taking the free kick with his right foot, or Bannan or Reach taking it with their left foot and crossing it into the box if necessary,  it should have been an obvious choice.  

The fact players allowed Harris to take that free kick after the performance he had put in was bizarre and inexcusable

TBH I don't thing the position suited a cross - it was too close to the goal. With the game position it was our last chance so I understand why the players choose to shoot.

He could have got lucky and it flew in, but the odds, specifically for Harris, were very low, and BB should have realized this. When you watch him take it, he had no run up, and his body position was all wrong - he sort of got too close to the ball and wedged it over the bar - really poor technic from a poor player.

It's depressing to watch such opportunities passed up so routinely, and not just by us. Seems like no one has the foresight to do anything other than take a shot if it's close enough or hopefully lob it into the box if it isn't. Under the likes of Wilkinson, Atkinson and even Pleat we had routines set up that created chances with ingenuity rather than hoping for the best. Like others, I noticed Reach standing alone in the centre of the field and thought that might have been the best option, but evidently thinking isn't required when you can just go with the obvious.

As for Harris taking it, despite starting 33 games this season, he has fewer goals than Borner, Lees and even Liam (not scored in a decade) Palmer. No one in the squad has a worse reputation in the entire squad than him for end product. Sometimes, with the way he misses by a quarter of a mile to make the telling pass or hit the target, I wonder if he's legally blind.

Guest wilyfox

Harris has struggled for 18 months. He shouldn’t even be in the team. His selection baffles me.