Neutral Venues for Cup Replays

Born in 1961 and my first visit to Villa Park was when we played Cystal Palace in the cup replay, what a great night that was.

Went to every game against Arsenal at Filbert Street but can not recall any other neutral ground I've visited watching Wednesday in a cup replay, any old timers got any memories  love to hear them.

EBRA

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

dont think theres been any since the arse and palace replays ...the one previous to them was 1957 v preston in the 3rd round at goodison that attracted 32,000 .......we lost 

You would have thought one of the Manchester grounds would have been used as the neutral venue. 

1 hour ago, mildatheart67 said:

Was the Stockport game at Maine Road a replay

1 hour ago, Spion Kop said:

You would have thought one of the Manchester grounds would have been used as the neutral venue. 

Don't think we'll get many resposes to my post but I didn't know about the Preston match at Goodison so much appreciated for sharing. 

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

dont think theres been any since the arse and palace replays ...the one previous to them was 1957 v preston in the 3rd round at goodison that attracted 32,000 .......we lost 

20 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Correct, it was the second leg and stockport switched it to maine road. Only about 1900 there...i was one of them 😊

They give us the Kippax and the main stand   Stockport got the uncovered  end  and it was raining😁

16 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You're the tenth thousand Wednesday fan I've come across who went to that game. 

No, he's the only fan you've come across who went to that game.

You've just come across him 10,000 times.lol

• Haha 3

Anyone got any photos of our visit to Villa Park against Palace? Have some great memories but not seen anything on you tube or the Internet.

We went on the coach from Darnall where we lived, Cravens the factory where all our family worked organised the coach.

Fantastic night and remember being stood outside the pub with my pop and crisps after the game whilst dad and his work mates had a few beers. Brian Joicey hatrick, we out numbered the Palace fans and the floodlights at Villa Park, seems like yesterday. Shame how footballs changed since then and lost its magic.