José Mourinho sacked?

owl_83

23 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I don’t get all this chat of Mourinho still being a viable option for a lot of big clubs. What are they getting from him? Yes he’s won a lot, but at clubs where it’s part of their fabric to win. 

I don’t think he can replicate that at lesser clubs. So what are you getting from him, negative tactics, awful man management. Not much really is it? 

Yes you quite often see Porto in the latter stages of the CL

On 19/04/2021 at 16:47, Greengrass said:

Read something earlier that the special one has made over £100 million by being sacked from various clubs. 

Add that to the wages he was on at those clubs.

in the paper this morning 78.5m in handshakes

chelsea 2007 18m

real madrid 2013 17m

chelsea 2015 12.5m

man utd 2018 15m

tottenham 16m

wow not bad work if you can get it 

Been sent an audio file of Jamie Redknapp claiming that his compensation was based around league position. Top 4 was 30m , top 6 less than that and if outside top 6 it’s about 4m. 

It’s probably doing the rounds on WhatsApp etc but it’s deffo him talking. 

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Like this year you mean where they got QF

For what the second or third time in 16 years? Last 16 is a good season for them in the CL so it isnt part of their fabric to compete in that competition. Domestically yes they are expected to and maybe in the UEFA cup or whatever its called now but to win the CL with them was a huge achievement. 

6 minutes ago, 83owl said:

For what the second or third time in 16 years? Last 16 is a good season for them in the CL so it isnt part of their fabric to compete in that competition. Domestically yes they are expected to and maybe in the UEFA cup or whatever its called now but to win the CL with them was a huge achievement. 

It was, but I just feel in the last few years his man management ability has deteriorated 

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It was, but I just feel in the last few years his man management ability has deteriorated 

Yeah he certainly doesnt seem the same now. Seems to thrive as the underdog maybe? Porto in the CL, Chelsea i dont think had much success before he went there and won the league. Surprised he hasnt done a bit better at Spurs but maybe this season could have kicked on if they win the League cup.

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

Porto who best the traditional European powerhouse of Monaco in the final that year. It was a freak year, in that 2 unfancied teams did remarkable to get so far. 

Mouribho at Porto, inter and first time at Chelsea was a cut above. This guy these days is dated and past it. Reminds me a bit of wengers decline (though at least wengers lot were still positive in the main) 

2 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Porto who best the traditional European powerhouse of Monaco in the final that year. It was a freak year, in that 2 unfancied teams did remarkable to get so far. 

Mouribho at Porto, inter and first time at Chelsea was a cut above. This guy these days is dated and past it. Reminds me a bit of wengers decline (though at least wengers lot were still positive in the main) 

Doesnt matter who you beat in the final you have to get there to be win it in the first place, a bit like Leicester winning the PL pretty much because all the other big clubs imploded that season but they were the ones who were good enough to take advantage so you cant hold it against them. 

I agree though that in those days he was "the special one" but now just seems like the ordinary one and for his salary (and I presume the high salary of his backroom staff) he doesnt seem to have the effect he used to. Shows how good Ferguson was I suppose to still be competitive at the top level even at the end of his career.

13 hours ago, Tea Baggins said:

Rumour round these parts are that Bielsa is getting interest from Spurs.

Yet to sign a contract at the Scummy lot.

They are arrogant but I can tell they are rattled by it.

Bielsa suits Spurs perfectly. Plays nice football but hasn’t won anything of note for decades.

Is it only me that thinks Bielsa is a bit overrated? 

1 minute ago, edinburghowl said:

Bielsa suits Spurs perfectly. Plays nice football but hasn’t won anything of note for decades.

Is it only me that thinks Bielsa is a bit overrated? 

I totally agree, he is a bit of a one trick pony.

Can see a difficult 2nd season for them.

• Like 1