Bannan’s thoughts on Wildsmith save

15 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Disappointing that our captain/leader would rather criticise his teammates for mistakes rather than try and rally and support them.

For what it's worth I'm not sure Westwood would have dealt with the deflection any different. 

I would have saved that shot; that put us on the back foot, 2-1 down, away from home. 

so frustrating that a pro makes such simple errors 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chriss said:

Thank god we didnt have Roy Keane in our squad, he'd have made them cry if you believe any of the shite thats being posted

I'd be worried if they weren't having a pop at eachother. 

True. And I can't imagine previous captains like Pearson or someone like big Viv just keeping their mouths shut in the heat of the moment. Especially in a situation where we've pretty much been put into 3rd tier. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Funny and true, but precisely why he’s not captain material. He’s got the short man syndrome and seems to enjoy having a pop at others on the pitch. 

You are right. He is the untouchable one who seems to enjoy bullying others. I hope that he bites off more than he can chew and someone has the balls to stand up to him and call him out for being as poor as the rest of them.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

The deflection on that was minimal, and certainly shouldn’t have resulted in Wildsmith being that far away from it.

Just got his positioning totally wrong and  was up sh** creek without a paddle 

His position is suspect on a lot of goals. In another thread someone mentioned how glued to his line he seems to be

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Some absolute wet flannels in here

It’s crazy. Joe Wildsmith is a 6 ft 2, 25yr old man. A small man gave him a bit of gyp in the heat of the game for letting a goal in. If he’s that bothered he could extract an apology by dangling Bannan upside down by his ankles. Or just get on with it and accept it happens all the time in a game. Which is what they both probably did. 

• Like 3

All this thread is showing is that a lot of posters on here have only played mid week 5 a side football 

If you make a mistake you need calling out on it and I'm all for it and if you haven't got the character to deal with a team mate having a go at you or the balls to have a go back at him then Professional football isn't for you I'm afraid

Wildsmith and Dawson are not consistently enough and are lucky to have the length of contracts they've had, they are not young goalkeepers anymore  they are at best decent back up keepers ones you rely on for one or two games but not what you build a defence on 

13 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

It’s crazy. Joe Wildsmith is a 6 ft 2, 25yr old man. A small man gave him a bit of gyp in the heat of the game for letting a goal in. If he’s that bothered he could extract an apology by dangling Bannan upside down by his ankles. Or just get on with it and accept it happens all the time in a game. Which is what they both probably did. 

People are just so pretend PC sensitive these days, I’m at the point where I just ignore them 

• Like 2

Is FFFIIN too hat directed at Wildsmith ?

Or is it a throw away expletive like I shout when I spill my beer ?!  Oh you ffinnn too hat !!!

Wildsmith should save  tho still. Positioning wise I thought about Ladapo's winner for Rotherham where I thought he should also have done better

Never been quite sure about Bannan as captain. On one hand it seems to make sense and understood Monk's thinking giving him it but there will  always be is an air of 'why aren't you lot as good as me' about Bannan and being captain probably adds to it  

Players have come to blows on the pitch, defenders have a pop at each other all the time. It just happens. For all we know Bazza might have apologised later, he might not have but Joe needs to just either accept it as yes I screwed up or tell him to Feck off. 
It’s just part of the game. 20k scream at Bannan for launching into the kop, you don’t cry about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Some players get praised for chewing out players for making mistakes, Bannan gets criticised for it

The lengths that some fans go to in order to criticise Bannan is quite remarkable 

I don't think bannan is infallible. Some fans won't hear a word against him.

Sometimes he deserves criticism as does every player in the shirt.

• Like 1

I have never played with a good keeper who was anything other than a real piece of work.  the best ones are obsessed with clean sheets and nothing is their fault .  I can 100% guarantee, Bannan would not have dared say that to Westwood, otherwise you would be reading Bannans obituary next to that of Prince Philip.  I don't think much of Westwood now as a number 1 keeper, but he is clearly a very different personality to Wildsmith and having someone like that behind you as a centre back certainly makes you go the extra yard so you don't have to listen to their endless bleating and moaning after the game.

• Like 1

The sanctimonious reactions on here are possibly indicative of a different generation that connect with and master their immediate emotions more easily than we ever did. 

Our school team once has a scrap with itself after a game because one or two didn’t seem disappointed enough at losing 1-2. I vividly recall lamping a team mate, quickly making the calculation that he could knock me into the middle of next week and used my turn of pace to head for the nearest bus stop at top speed. We were all mates again on the Monday and are still mates now.

If Joe is going to have a successful career (which I hope he does) he will have to put up with worse than that and from bigger team mates!

• Like 2