Garry Monk “there were a lot of things wrong at SWFC”

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Because the players are absolutely crap. Those players signed on the chairman’s watch. Signed by his recruitment team. Signed with the budget he made available.

Simple as that. Like any organisation in the world - the man at the top usually takes the blame for failures. 

Same players that just turned over form team in the division. Same players that did the double over Bournemouth. Same players that made playoffs and won promotion with various clubs. The blend is wrong. They can’t contend - but they shouldn’t be going down.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

By his logic if the chairman isn’t responsible for the club getting relegated then it can’t be Garry Monks responsibility either

lol

Thats just applying his own logic to the situation 

Nobody has responsibility for anything below their rank apparently 

It’s bizarre. 

Chansiri has 100% stake. He doesn’t employ a CEO. The squad is currently a reflection of his investment over recent seasons. It’s him who has struggled to pay players on time. It’s him who failed to sign a striker and left back in January when we were crying out for them. Him who led us into the first points deduction in our history. Him who put us in successive transfer embargo’s making it even harder to refresh the squad. Him who employs the managers. I could go on.

What we see on the pitch is a consequence of the shambolic running of the club since he took over. He’s literally doing everything wrong making it near impossible for the club to succeed.

You can turn to individual results in isolation and say ‘well DC wasn’t on the pitch when we threw away a 2 goal lead’. That’s completely irrelevant. We’re heading for relegation under his ownership. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Same players that just turned over form team in the division. Same players that did the double over Bournemouth. Same players that made playoffs and won promotion with various clubs. The blend is wrong. They can’t contend - but they shouldn’t be going down.

Honestly you’re looking at results in isolation. Clubs who get relegated pull off good results over a 46 game season all the time.

Fact is we’re 6 points off safety and going down. Ironically if it wasn’t for the chairman getting us points deducted we’d be level on points with Brum with a fighting chance of staying up.

The players aren’t very good pal. They’re inconsistent, free transfers, stale, ageing, unwanted group of players cobbled together with no thought or design. That again is down to the chairman and the way he has set the club up to operate.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

We're relegated mate

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Like I said t’other day, you have a Garry Monk fixation that overrides all else affecting performances on the pitch.

No Monk fixation. I’ve berated all our managers for stupid mistakes.

eg. Carlos for rushing players back from injury. Ignoring the pace and physicality of the English game.

Luhukay for freezing players out and totally losing the plot.

Bruce for being a turncoat.

Monk for making our team toothless, freezing players out, and a pathetic capitulation last season that meant deduction was carried over. Starting Flint 4 times in 11 days when he hadn’t played for 8 months. Not telling the truth about injuries eg. Luongo. Players out of position. 

Pulis for truly awful run of results. Playing Luongo injured. Throwing Dunkley in for debut without u23s games after 10 months out.

I’ve lambasted Chansiri for many things too which you conveniently ignore. Buck does stop with him, but he’s not solely responsible for this decline. 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We're relegated mate

yes, we probably are. We have a calamitous owner, a string of poor managers, and a group of fickle players.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

I’ve lambasted Chansiri for many things too which you conveniently ignore. Buck does stop with him, but he’s not solely responsible for this decline. 

He's the chairman
He's responsible for the club and it's success

He hires the managers
He signs the players
He pays the players
He sets the environment, the ethics, the ethos, the culture at the club

He's totally responsible

It's literally the very definition of  his  job title

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I can just post that you have though

You have  Monk fixation

See?

Easy innit

Anyone can do that

but I’m not absolving Chansiri. You are absolving Monk. That’s the difference.

So what happened under CC then. He seemed to do ok. Since then, other than Bruce( had he stayed) chansiri has made shocking choices in Jo’s monk and Pullis. That’s why we are in the Pooh. 

• Love 1

No Monk fixation. I’ve berated all our managers for stupid mistakes.

eg. Carlos for rushing players back from injury. Ignoring the pace and physicality of the English game.

Luhukay for freezing players out and totally losing the plot.

Bruce for being a turncoat.

Monk for making our team toothless, freezing players out, and a pathetic capitulation last season that meant deduction was carried over. Starting Flint 4 times in 11 days when he hadn’t played for 8 months. Not telling the truth about injuries eg. Luongo. Players out of position. 

Pulis for truly awful run of results. Playing Luongo injured. Throwing Dunkley in for debut without u23s games after 10 months out.

Who employed those managers though?

Luhukay, Monk and Pulis all poor appointments and I think most people saw that at the time. Why did the chairman appoint them? 

Why on earth appoint a manager like Tony Pulis when the squad completely lacks the type of players in which a successful Tony Pulis side are known for? 

Luhukay? Where the bloody hell did we find him from? 

Monk was just so uninspiring at the time and was just a ‘meh’ appointment. At the time the club needed a real character and inspiring manager to come in after the sucker punch of Bruce leaving. Monk completely wrong appointment.

I’m sure all three tried in difficult circumstances but, come on, are we completely surprised they weren’t very good? Particularly when they didn’t have any money to spend and were managing under a cloud of transfer embargo’s and points deductions.

• Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox
Just now, @owlstalk said:

You've literally spent the thread doing that

where? Quote me. You’ll find I’ve said there’s so much Chansiri is accountable for, and called him calamitous more than once. I’ve spoke about Monk because it’s a fookín Monk thread!

1 hour ago, Emilianenko said:

Still won’t alter the fact that Monk turned us from promotion contenders to relegation fodder.

Nice try though with the diversion tactics 

GM did? not the players/ injurys? Covid 19 lay off? Fletcher and Fox/FF allegedly refusing to sign a temp contract? to play out our remaining matches? allegations of wages not being paid?(on time)  playing under threat of a points deduction and potential relegation as a consequence?

Which of the aforesaid was down to GM? 

• Love 1

Guest wilyfox
Just now, parajack said:

GM did? not the players/ injurys? Covid 19 lay off? Fletcher and Fox/FF allegedly refusing to sign a temp contract? to play out our remaining matches? allegations of wages not being paid?(on time)  playing under threat of a points deduction and potential relegation as a consequence?

Which of the aforesaid was down to GM? 

It’s the whole fookín lot, and that’s my point. Some want to blame one party or another. It’s all. We’re a recipe for disaster.

It’s the whole fookín lot, and that’s my point. Some want to blame one party or another. It’s all. We’re a recipe for disaster.

*Manager joins SWFC*

Manager: Hi Mr Chairman, squad isn’t very good we need to sign some new players.

Chairman: Ok no worries my recruitment team will work on targets.

Manager: Fantastic! Here is a list of players I think we need to be successful.

Chairman: Oops forgot to say! We’re under an embargo, points deduction looming and we’ve got no money to spend.

Manager: Ahh ok, so are the targets out of budget?

Chairman: Yes most likely. But we can bring you in Callum Paterson, Jack Marriott and Kachunga. Their clubs don’t want them and they’re cheap!

Manager: Hmm not sure they’re very good. How about those targets I suggested, no chance of getting at least a couple of them in?

Chairman: Nope no money. Callum Paterson or nothing.

Manager: Ahh but I’m not sure we’ll be successful with those players, they’re not really what we need or good enough.

Chairman: Them or nothing.

Manager: Ok ok I’ll take them i suppose.

*Wednesday end up in relegation zone*

Fans: MANAGER’S FAULT ALL MANAGERS FAULT.

Andddd repeat. Let’s hope Moore break the cycle eh? 

• Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

How can any manager succeed then?

If by succeed you mean stay up, I don’t think we will. Longer term, Chansiri needs to change his ways, managers (be it Moore or whoever) need to build a younger dynamic team, stop playing people out of position, stop rushing them back from injury, try to build a footballing side. Regards these players, most need to go. Many have overstayed and survived too many managers. Some have gone stale. Some may be damaged by this rollercoaster ride we’ve been on.

I will add one thing...it’s no good taking ageing overpaid players into league one, licking their wounds feeling sorry for themselves thinking they’re too good for that division. We’ll need new blood and fresh faces up for the challenge.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

*Manager joins SWFC*

Manager: Hi Mr Chairman, squad isn’t very good we need to sign some new players.

Chairman: Ok no worries my recruitment team will work on targets.

Manager: Fantastic! Here is a list of players I think we need to be successful.

Chairman: Oops forgot to say! We’re under an embargo, points deduction looming and we’ve got no money to spend.

Manager: Ahh ok, so are the targets out of budget?

Chairman: Yes most likely. But we can bring you in Callum Paterson, Jack Marriott and Kachunga. Their clubs don’t want them and they’re cheap!

Manager: Hmm not sure they’re very good. How about those targets I suggested, no chance of getting at least a couple of them in?

Chairman: Nope no money. Callum Paterson or nothing.

Manager: Ahh but I’m not sure we’ll be successful with those players, they’re not really what we need or good enough.

Chairman: Them or nothing.

Manager: Ok ok I’ll take them i suppose.

*Wednesday end up in relegation zone*

Fans: MANAGER’S FAULT ALL MANAGERS FAULT.

Andddd repeat. Let’s hope Moore break the cycle eh? 

I don’t agree with people claiming our managers had no say on recruitment either. Chansiri sets the budget, of course. FFP constraints etc plus what ever he can or will spend. But the managers are involved. Monk was quick to take credit for bringing da Cruz in. Said it was his contacts and due diligence on the player. He probably regretted that later.

:tango:

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I don’t agree with people claiming our managers had no say on recruitment either. Chansiri sets the budget, of course. FFP constraints etc plus what ever he can or will spend. But the managers are involved. Monk was quick to take credit for bringing da Cruz in. Said it was his contacts and due diligence on the player. He probably regretted that later.

:tango:

The squad has got worse. We’ve gone from players like Joao, Fletcher and Forestieri to Paterson, Kachunga and Marriott. That’s down to reduced investment and failure to sell players when they have value to reinvest in quality. Instead we’ve been scrapping around for players other clubs don’t want. 

We employ a recruitment team, which is great. But what are they doing? Why haven’t they signed anyone with genuine resale value and quality? We’ve signed a sea of crap. 

Iorfa the only good signing we’ve made in 4 years and we’ve signed about 18 players in that period. 

This is down to the chairman. If the recruitment team is failing, replace them and get a new one. That’s HIS responsibility. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1