1.4 Million Views

1 hour ago, El Toro said:

The reality of that video is that it was forced on the fans. I'd say less than 1% of the fanbase there that day actually gave a monkey's and didn't even know the Thai king had died.

I’m not going to lie. It’s only because of reading this thread I even know Thailand has a monarchy! 

• Haha 1

The reality of that video is that it was forced on the fans. I'd say less than 1% of the fanbase there that day actually gave a monkey's and didn't even know the Thai king had died.

I'd say that most people were just showing some respect to a dead king

Guest T Hardy

Not sure about that. The club announced it like a club legend had passed away  

58 minutes ago, El Toro said:

What I mean is that it wasn’t on national news etc.

Hardly a surprise, given the media's agenda against our club! We could win the Champions League, and they'd still figure out a way to cover it up!

8 minutes ago, bobness said:

Hardly a surprise, given the media's agenda against our club! We could win the Champions League, and they'd still figure out a way to cover it up!

We will NEVER win the Champions League. North Korea have more chance of winning the World Cup - which according to their propaganda a few years ago they’ve already done.

• Haha 2

On 23/03/2021 at 21:24, Kopparberg said:

FC9333E4-FCDF-458C-B5F3-92F728C52A72.jpeg.ab07557f43782e5c50977f98af3c42b9.jpeg

The extended highlights of our recent win over Barnsley has 15,000 views. 

Proud to say I refused to be a part of that and stayed outside the ground until it was over. 

Embarrassing. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Wow we were all proper dazzled by Drenthe's dazzling footwork wasn't we.

lol

To be fair It was a cracking bit of skill. Remember everyone in the South had the same reaction of "wow".

6 hours ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, that Joao goal is quality...

Shame what followed about 60 seconds later.

Cracking goal. Shame it can't be remembered fondly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Owl999 said:

Makes me laugh how there’s loads on here scoffing at it now but were absolutely lapping it up and applauding it at the time, probably the same people that were creating the Thank You Milan banner for the  Kop 

I lingered outside with my chips and curry sauce to make sure I missed it.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 24/03/2021 at 23:29, TomtheOwl95 said:

There you go mate.

Features a talking snake at 4:42.

Who's the Mafia looking guy with the sunglasses at 0:28?lolI haven't watched that before, but skipped through it to look at your post bit. My thoughts are well that was weird (putting it kindly), it must have felt twice as long if you were present that day, I like how at 4:20 and at some other parts it makes us look like we're doing it for the king, we've got kids chanting "sohng phra ja reern" (long live the king?) and the music was groovy/cool though. All in all my reaction was.WTF:  

It all reminded me of this song from Reading a few years back who were also under Thai ownership and it was played on the screen before matches too

Reading the comments are also funny, but here is one from Tangmo P. that is interesting, she said "I am Thai and I find this very embarrassing. I feel very sorry to the Reading fans. Can't believe these narrow-minded people from my country dare to spread their stupidity across England."

I'm sure most of us wouldn't be bothered/would find it weird if the Queen died and we did something like DC did?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

Who's the Mafia looking guy with the sunglasses at 0:28?lolI haven't watched that before, but skipped through it to look at your post bit. My thoughts are well that was weird (putting it kindly), it must have felt twice as long if you were present that day, I like how at 4:20 and at some other parts it makes us look like we're doing it for the king, we've got kids chanting "sohng phra ja reern" (long live the king?) and the music was groovy/cool though. All in all my reaction was.WTF:  

It all reminded me of this song from Reading a few years back who were also under Thai ownership and it was played on the screen before matches too

Reading the comments are also funny, but here is one from Tangmo P. that is interesting, she said "I am Thai and I find this very embarrassing. I feel very sorry to the Reading fans. Can't believe these narrow-minded people from my country dare to spread their stupidity across England."

I'm sure most of us wouldn't be bothered/would find it weird if the Queen died and we did something like DC did?  

Yeah, it was all a bit odd. There were a few puzzled looks going around. Like I say I spent a lot of it looking at our bench and Gary Hooper's face always stands out from it.

The Reading song was so weird at the time. I remember on twitter every time they were on TV for the next couple of seasons it was all you'd see about them. Very odd.

• Like 1

On 24/03/2021 at 16:25, sheffield_dave said:

More annoyed that the third most popular video on the clubs own channel is the *extended highlights* of a 4-2 defeat to that lot..

Take it bloody down ffs

Thats just sick people searching YouTube for 'massacre' videos 

On 27/03/2021 at 23:17, TomtheOwl95 said:

Yeah, it was all a bit odd. There were a few puzzled looks going around. Like I say I spent a lot of it looking at our bench and Gary Hooper's face always stands out from it.

The Reading song was so weird at the time. I remember on twitter every time they were on TV for the next couple of seasons it was all you'd see about them. Very odd.

From the photo and video on here most people looked puzzled/wasn't interested and was just eating etc. I could imagine Hooper's face. You could have done it not right before the match starts, even the what QPR? players etc. had to go through it. Or the players if wanted to could have worn special shirts or black/red (lucky in Thailand I think)/the Thai colours armbands etc. I don't want to look like a kinda xenophobe/Thai basher here, but also the two events were something you would kinda see in dictatorships and not in a football match in the UK/northern England. Hell if I was a royalist here and owned a club anywhere I wouldn't do anything like DC did. Also like many have kinda said here I didn't even know about the second one, I don't think I even watched the first one properly too, as it's all just too weird ect. for my liking.

The Reading song is kinda funny though too, but it reminds me of some International team song at a World Cup or something like that. After watching it again it has the Thai owners etc. in the video before the match and the fans looked bewildered too. Funnily enough I think DC was also looking at Reading before being sold/conned on us, I think it would have been the better choice and I do wonder how differently/similarly things would have been for them? Also I find it funny that the owners at Reading sold up pretty quick after it not going so well, but DC has just double downed. I kinda feel sorry for his family though, I would bet it's only DC who still wants to carry on etc. He's like a gambler who can't stop losing, but carries on regardless trying to hit the jackpot somehow. He's reportedly a big gambler, maybe he should stick with that instead of a running a football club/business like ours. I feel in the future after he has gone, whenever that is, we're going to look back on it all as some kind of weird dream/hallucination.