Chansiri: An unmitigated disaster

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

The only way I see DC selling is if there is a clause whereby he gets a payout in the event we (somehow) get promoted to the PL, and even that is unlikely. 

When he promised to hand over the club to Att as a Premier League outfit, I bet he wasn't expected Att to be 80 years old at the time.

• Haha 4

I do think Chansiri has made a lot of mistakes, but all well intentioned.

but also I'm a bit miffed about the context, we were the only club in S Yorks not visit the new Wembley, that changed under Chansiri..to even suggest that DC is a worse chairman that Allen is incredible.

yeah we are probably going to be relegated, it wont be the first time and it wont be the last time.

No chairman in probably 99% of most of us history of supporting the club has had to over see a season where no supporters are allowed in the ground.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If anyone ever criticises Chansiri

If anyone ever defends Chansiri

If anyone ever says Chansiri is or isn’t to blame 

Whatever side of the fence they are on regarding this subject 

just ask them this question..

What aspect of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club has Chansiri improved since his arrival six years ago

Apart from a big tv, nothing

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Dot said:

but also I'm a bit miffed about the context, we were the only club in S Yorks not visit the new Wembley, that changed under Chansiri..to even suggest that DC is a worse chairman that Allen is incredible.

yeah we are probably going to be relegated, it wont be the first time and it wont be the last time.

No chairman in probably 99% of most of us history of supporting the club has had to over see a season where no supporters are allowed in the ground.

Allen took us to Cardiff to be fair if we’re using ‘days out’ as a marker.

One thing I’d swap Allen for DC is a chairman that runs the club within its means, or as near as dammit.

For me they’re equals but for entirely different reasons. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

I feel like we are way past the point where his good intentions make up for what has happened. He may not be malevolent but he's so inept it's equally as damaging. 

• Like 1

Just now, NeonLeon said:

Allen took us to Cardiff to be fair if we’re using ‘days out’ as a marker.

One thing I’d swap Allen for DC is a chairman that runs the club within its means, or as near as dammit.

For me they’re equals but for entirely different reasons. 

Hmm

Cardiff/ Wembley

difficult choice for a comparison

but also the context is missing

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

I feel like we are way past the point where his good intentions make up for what has happened. He may not be malevolent but he's so inept it's equally as damaging. 

I get your point completely

but no chairman in our history has faced the difficulties he has this last year

4 minutes ago, Dot said:

No matter how "well intentioned" Chansiri is.

Dave Allen never separated the ground from the clubs ownership and in consequence lumbered the club with a points deduction for the first time in our history.

DC is simply the biggest villain ever to be associated with SWFC and needs to go by hook or by crook as soon as possible.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I was going to suggest you may be perfectly placed to source some product......then I remembered, there wouldn't be any actual product!! :Chansiri:

Grimsby's not big on lights, cod and haddock is more the local thing.

• Haha 1

Just now, hasthagotanycheese said:

DC is simply the biggest villain ever to be associated with SWFC and needs to go by hook or by crook as soon as possible.

That's how insane this all is. That someone with good intentions can be such an expensive disaster as to be seen in this light is some next level incompetence. 

• Like 1

Just now, Morepork said:

That's true but lets be honest, the damage was done well before Covid hit.

Exactly. The losses due to Covid are small in comparison to the self inflicted day to day losses overspending has created. 

As mentioned in the thread relating to this last week, the club also had Early Bird money that most clubs won’t have had. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dot said:

Dave Allen ran the club on a shoestring. 

Chansiri has invested £350m. 

The scale of the disaster is proportional to the amount of cash that has been wasted

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

We’re living out the consequences of his decisions here. He needs to stop passing the buck. This is on him.

This acceptance of responsibility sits at the root of all our issues. He'll never accept that, we'll never move on until he's gone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

Exactly. The losses due to Covid are small in comparison to the self inflicted day to day losses overspending has created. 

As mentioned in the thread relating to this last week, the club also had Early Bird money that most clubs won’t have had. 

It will be interesting to see what the take up will be from the Early Bird money.I suspect there will a significant drop.