Chansiri: An unmitigated disaster

2 hours ago, toppOwl said:

I think the club will remove it knowing the ill feeling around at the moment.

Not happening! I have it on good authority that before each match the club is planning to do a 1-minute of pledging allegiance to the banner. Anyone who refuses will be banned. Including players.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If anyone ever criticises Chansiri

If anyone ever defends Chansiri

If anyone ever says Chansiri is or isn’t to blame 

Whatever side of the fence they are on regarding this subject 

just ask them this question..

What aspect of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club has Chansiri improved since his arrival six years ago

Our gold elephant ratio is much higher than it used to be before he arrived.

• Like 1

On 17/03/2021 at 23:04, legendaryswan said:

Weve got a massive TV

On 17/03/2021 at 22:57, shez owl said:

Scoreboard 

On 17/03/2021 at 22:56, sage owl said:

Scoreboard 

On 17/03/2021 at 23:04, legendaryswan said:

Weve got a massive TV

Not really.......... We don't own the ground. In reality weve lost a scoreboard. 

• Haha 4

He’s a strange fellow. A bad mix of pigheaded ignorance and arrogance, awful judgment married with unwarranted personal pride and complete detachment from reality. He seems to have learned literally nothing over the last half decade having made every textbook mistake in the book and he seems to be getting worse at running a football club - if that is even possible at this point. If anything he seems to be getting even more erratic and non-sequitur  and the club is in such a state now, the prospect of finding a buyer is practically zero. it going to take years of arbitration and  intervention from regulators to get rid of him and until then the club will continue it’s slide down the toilet.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 17/03/2021 at 22:48, crookesowl said:

A man who has spent so much money on our club. A man who is clearly very passionate about succeeding and genuinely wants us back in the PL. 

How is it possible to mess things up as much as he has? 

It’s just unbelievable how badly he has run this club.  

I can’t get over it. It’s insane. The guy is a complete failure. 

It’s his club. He chose his advisors. He signed off all the transfers. He gambled with FFP. He selected the managers. 

When is he going to admit that he monumentally screwed up? This is on him. No-one else. 

It's not DC's fault at all, it's those fans customers what did it. Ungrateful lot complained on social media about the fantastic job DC was doing and cost the club a £100M sponsorship deal. Then had the gall to want their season ticket money back.

On 17/03/2021 at 23:48, crookesowl said:

A man who has spent so much money on our club. A man who is clearly very passionate about succeeding and genuinely wants us back in the PL. 

It’s his club. He chose his advisors. He signed off all the transfers. He gambled with FFP. He selected the managers. 

When is he going to admit that he monumentally screwed up? This is on him. No-one else. 

It doesn't help to be passionate if you are inept. I partly blame Mandaric. Didn't he say that he'd do his best to leave us in good hands. Failed pretty much there, didn't he?

1 hour ago, OwlsfaninNorway said:

It doesn't help to be passionate if you are inept. I partly blame Mandaric. Didn't he say that he'd do his best to leave us in good hands. Failed pretty much there, didn't he?

I don’t blame Mandaric for this. He clearly left the club to a committed and wealthy owner. In those early days DC had some good football people involved (eg Roeder) and invested in all the right areas. He couldn’t have known what would happen. 

On 17/03/2021 at 22:48, crookesowl said:

My guess is he never will. His ego would implode

Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but Brum supporters arranged a plane towing a banner to fly over the ground at Watford yesterday during the game basically telling the clubs owner to go away.

Perhaps we should consider something similar during a home game at Hillsborough - problem is of course, we’d need to be sure beforehand that Chansiri would be present, and not out of the country.