Chansiri: An unmitigated disaster

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

I assume it goes down shortly after that picture?

:dry:

No -  a Paxo kamikaze slams into the bow to wipe out all those still clinging on for dear life....

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Setting aside the boundless vandalism that one man has subjected my club to, I just now find it incredibly amusing that he has spent £350M and will lose a shedload more, only down to his own monumental incompetence.

The fact that his ‘advisors’ have allowed him to do it just beggars belief.

He hasn't spent £350m though has he, that is made up..... for some reason 🤔

• Like 1

If the bloke genuinely loves the club, hel sell up and do the decent thing by sorting out the huge debt he saddled us with and let someone with a better plan than his come in and lift us up.

Hes lost the fan base,if fans were allowed in anti chansiri banners would be everywhere, hes milked us into the bargain with prices.

His tenure has been an absolute disaster and hel go down as possibly the worst chairman in SWFC history,the man who spaffed a fortune to crash the club through the floor

• Like 4

Just now, DJMortimer said:

I assume it goes down shortly after that picture?

:dry:

It survived but only just.Hopefully the club will survive but it's going to need major rebuilding both on the field and off and that's going take a good few seasons. The picture in question is the USS Bunker Hill which took a terrible beating at Either Iwo Jima or Okinawa in 1945.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

The perfect metaphor for Chansiri’s time at the club is the actual playing surface.

Spent an absolute fortune on a state of the art pitch, done a p*ss poor job of maintaining it and now it’s one of the worst in the league. 

I was going to say the pitch is one of the things he’s improved. But looking at it tonight it’s absolutely awful.

It may come to a head this summer. With relegation to League One confirmed and many people out of the habit of attending matches due to Covid, not to mention the general feeling of apathy towards the club, I think ticket sales could hit an all time low. That might stimulate some action on his part, when he has tangible evidence that the fans have lost interest. 

Failing that I’ve no doubt it won’t take much for the atmosphere to turn toxic st home games next season, and he’ll be the focal point. 

1 minute ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Somebody will one day write a book on the Chansiri era at SWFC. It will become the go to publication for those wanting to understand how to completely balls up the running of a football club.

Hey, did you hear the one about the chairman who sold the stadium to himself but did it too late? 

5 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

The perfect metaphor for Chansiri’s time at the club is the actual playing surface.

Spent an absolute fortune on a state of the art pitch, done a p*ss poor job of maintaining it and now it’s one of the worst in the league. 

Was just going to post EXACTLY the same thing!